FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022™ - Qualifiers (6 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Dont know if its the place for this, but a very nice video of Luka Modric receiving a standing ovation from his teammates for becoming the most caped Croatian player ever. What a player man, what a player. It was my dream for him to join Juventus from Totenham back in the day.

May 23, 2013
The Mongolia defence and especially the keeper were really bad but tbh it was unusual for Japan to be so focused and clinical, they really tried hard. Usually this game would be 5-0 or 6-0, something like that.
East Asian players have the best finishing technique on the planet. I'm not sure what it is but the precision and power that they manage to get behind their shots is at times just unreal. Son's goal vs Uzbekistan (2:09), in the following video, is a perfect example of this.

One of my favorite goals of all time, might seem strange as it's a finish from point blank range, but the technique and speed of the shot is just so satisfying to watch.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
East Asian players have the best finishing technique on the planet. I'm not sure what it is but the precision and power that they manage to get behind their shots is at times just unreal. Son's goal vs Uzbekistan (2:09), in the following video, is a perfect example of this.

One of my favorite goals of all time, might seem strange as it's a finish from point blank range, but the technique and speed of the shot is just so satisfying to watch.
I've said something similar before about Japanese players. They don't have as much power as players from other parts of the world but the players have very similar technique in the things they do. They often seem to strike the ball in the same way, most of them are pretty good with both feet. There is a clean technique to the way they dribble and pass the ball. Obviously some players are better than others or do certain things better, like in any country, but the core skills are high.

Son is a pretty special player as he has the athleticism to compete with anyone but I think sometimes the level of goalkeeping does make shots look better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)