FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 (1 Viewer)

OP

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
  • Thread Starter #141
    It was actually a good match. The US did most everything right in the beginning and basically huffed and heaved its way to survive the last half.

Ellen White completely owned the USA centerbacks. And the England midfield seemed to have more creative play than what the USA was capable of. A lot of USA players had disappointing matches: Tobin Heath was frustrated, Press did little beyond her early goal. As for England, Mead was a trainwreck and Bright did her best drunken Sharon role.

People are going to talk about the England goal callback (offsides was the right call) and the penalty (also probably the right call given the tightness of ref interpretations now). And most of all the PK miss. As good of a guess it was for Naeher, Houghton either flubbed it or was hoping the keeper would overshoot.

The better team probably won, but largely because Alex Morgan killed time in the corner like a merciless Juve when it counted and England could not get the ball back from out of their own end as time wound down. A super professional take-down in the end that England looked wholly unprepared to disrupt properly to get the ball back.
    One of the things i wish the women wouldn't copy from their male counterparts. It's infuriating to watch and i hate it, no matter who does it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    watching the highlights. Tremendous victory for our ladies and ladies everywhere.

I see from the jerseys that team USA has been leading the tournament in freebleeding. you go, girls :ziz:
    The great US of A would dominate men’s football too if their best male athletes played soccer, righto?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    The great US of A would dominate men’s football too if their best male athletes played soccer, righto?
    Odd question and no I don't think thats how it works.

Shout to Hope Solo though. Year after year she continues to show herself to be the bitterest loser in the whole sport.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    65822303_10156817441642946_2979535842504081408_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It was actually a good match. The US did most everything right in the beginning and basically huffed and heaved its way to survive the last half.

Ellen White completely owned the USA centerbacks. And the England midfield seemed to have more creative play than what the USA was capable of. A lot of USA players had disappointing matches: Tobin Heath was frustrated, Press did little beyond her early goal. As for England, Mead was a trainwreck and Bright did her best drunken Sharon role.

People are going to talk about the England goal callback (offsides was the right call) and the penalty (also probably the right call given the tightness of ref interpretations now). And most of all the PK miss. As good of a guess it was for Naeher, Houghton either flubbed it or was hoping the keeper would overshoot.

The better team probably won, but largely because Alex Morgan killed time in the corner like a merciless Juve when it counted and England could not get the ball back from out of their own end as time wound down. A super professional take-down in the end that England looked wholly unprepared to disrupt properly to get the ball back.
    This was really strange to watch. Yes it did waste time, and what the hell do I know, but you're up a woman with 10 minutes left and they HAVE to attack. Why not counter into the space they leave to kill the game off? All England would've needed was one well taken corner or freekick and you're into extra time now.

- - - Updated - - -

It would certainly help I'm sure.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Yoo, this Dutch keeper is nuts, making some insane saves, Buffon territory shit.

Alex looking good as always :heart: her shot is so goddamn dangerous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)