FIFA WC All-Star squad (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Chelsea captain Terry is the only English representative in the 23-man squad.

World Cup finalists Italy and France dominate the squad with seven players coming from the Italy side and four from Raymond Domenech's French team.

Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is one of the three goalkeepers picked along with Portugal's Ricardo and Italy's Gianluigi Buffon.

Ze Roberto is the only Brazilian to make the squad following their disappointing campaign.

Italian duo Luca Toni and Francesco Totti are also somewhat surprise inclusions in the squad as Italy's progress to the final has been based on their solid defensive displays.

All-Star squad:
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Jens Lehmann (Germany), Ricardo (Portugal), Roberto Ayala (Argentina), John Terry (England), Lilian Thuram (France), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal), Ze Roberto (Brazil), Patrick Vieira (France), Zinedine Zidane (France), Michael Ballack (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Luis Figo (Portugal), Maniche (Portugal), Hernan Crespo (Argentina), Thierry Henry (France), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Francesco Totti (Italy), Luca Toni (Italy)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Crouch should be in a pub league team, thats about his standard :p

i dont see how Totti can be included, its taken him most of the tournament to get fit and find some form.
I wouldn't say Ballack and Terry have been at their best either.

Where are Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez they were both excellent for Argentina!?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why are about 1/4 of them on the team?

Ballack, Henry, Totti, Crespo, and probably Figo are all questionable choices.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
and where's Maxi Rodrigues? he was the best argentinian.
So far, I think the team who are in the finals are the best, so I don't understand what's doing Ballack, Klose (well, he's the top scorer so far), Crespo and someothers

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Black&White. said:
and where's Maxi Rodrigues? he was the best argentinian.
So far, I think the team who are in the finals are the best, so I don't understand what's doing Ballack, Klose (well, he's the top scorer so far), Crespo and someothers
Maxi was arguably the best player on the entire Argentina side in this WC... good point.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
swag said:
Maxi was arguably the best player on the entire Argentina side in this WC... good point.
Yeah but he got suspended for his part in the row after Argentina-Germany. I imagine that's why FIFA kept him off the list

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Too bad for him he was overlooked for what happened after he was no longer participating.

For that matter, Maradona may have some accolades to return. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Figo's play has been good, but IMO not outstanding. He's been contributing a lot of intangibles though.

Who would have thought that going to Inter would revive your career a bit. :lol:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
swag said:
actually i would have even chosen tevez over crespo. tevez run around a lot and made dirty work such as coming back to midfield, collecting the ball. crespo is just a "waiting his moment inside the penalty area" striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)