FIFA officials arrested (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The inevitable happened. I wonder what was the real reason behind him stepping down. Sadly will never know.
Easy, the sponsors made him do it. They dont care about corruption (heck the stench of corruption been there for decades, they fed it), but now its very public, proven, and its VERY bad for their bussiness. Prolly made sure FIFA knows their insanely profitable relationship wont be the same unless something is done about distancing itself as organisation from the toxic black hole right now that is this investigation and Blatter and restore some of its reputation so they can go back to bussiness as usual.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I keep watching that gif hoping someone will actually try to make a tackle at some point.
I see a lot trying. The guy's just too good.

But as I always say, he's human(even if it doesn't look like it) and he's been stopped before, so there's no reason why with the right tactics and enough concentration and composure he can't be stopped again.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see a lot trying. The guy's just too good.
I see what Chiellini meant in his comments. See the guy who tries to make a tackle second and then last? That guy would have fouled him at the first contact in Serie A. It wouldn't be a yellow card foul, just knock him over before he gets into a really threatening position.

It has to be said, I don't feel that our two central defenders are the best at dealing with direct dribblers, they will need a lot of help.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I see what Chiellini meant in his comments. See the guy who tries to make a tackle second and then last? That guy would have fouled him at the first contact in Serie A. It wouldn't be a yellow card foul, just knock him over before he gets into a really threatening position.

It has to be said, I don't feel that our two central defenders are the best at dealing with direct dribblers, they will need a lot of help.
That's easier said than done, most of the time. Though I do agree that Italians tend to be more cynical, and would probably foul him(if they could) at some point. But then again, at some point most would have yellows, so that's not always a strategy that will bear results.

I also don't believe that any team barring Juve, who themselves don't have better individuals but tend to play with a more defensive approach and less spaces at the back, have a better defense than Real Madrid, and Messi has done that sort of thing against Real a few times (his CL goal comes to mind), so Chiellini insinuating that Messi wouldn't be able to score that kind of goal in Italy is ridiculous; sure, it'll be less frequent maybe, but he could definitely pull it off a number of times.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Blazer caved like the Bills in a Super Bowl. He's probably hoping they let his cat keep the Trump Towers apartment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)