FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (92 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We went through due to being one of the better third placed teams, along with Italy. Then we lost to Brazil fair and square. Not such nonsense there.

Andy, I'm not insinuating blatant preferrential treatment, but it is fairly common for host teams to advance further than maybe they should.

"It's good for business", as they would say

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
There -> overrating them again.

Oh how many times have i heard the same about Spain and they never failed to fail at a World Cup.

My prediction is still valid: Spain will not make the semifinal next summer. Remind me about this prediction if they do.
agree with this, although i think current spain is a very good team when all are fit, this attack is one of the best if not the best. But i also think that it wont happen for them next year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
congrats Andy and all you Americanos, excellent win
Congratulation to Andy and other Americans. No congratulation to wannabe Americans who like eating at McDonalds and think that is enough to want USA to beat Spain.
:lol2: Good one.

Thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Excellent stuff YOO ESSSS EYYYY

Fabulous actually, no no fantastic....I don't have words to describe it
Here's a good one.

Michael Bradley > Xavi

Andy, I'm not insinuating blatant preferrential treatment, but it is fairly common for host teams to advance further than maybe they should.

"It's good for business", as they would say
Yeah, but it's not because the refs are paid off. Most of it has to do with the crowd behind the team.

Korea, as much as I didn't like them and still don't, had a great crowd in 2002.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
This match had nothing to do with Spain. USA brought their game and played in the one and only way to try and secure a goal and then do what it takes to properly defend it. Credit to them.

As for spain, they played their usual game and created chances but couldn't get the ball in.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
we got our tactics spot on, and spain couldn't get the ball in the net. we took our chances, they didn't. Spain are still one of the best in the world right now, clearly far better than italy, germany, france. going to watch some vids from spain/italy-korea :D

Mar 30, 2006
That just goes to show how much folk dislike America. :p
I think ppl dont really deep down dislike america .. more so they are jealous of America. Lots of ppl in Canada go on about how they hope the USA does not win this or that .. or how they suck... but then i remind them how everything they do or like usually comes from america in some way or another.

Like the movies they like, shows they watch, cars they drive, clothes they wear, music they listen to .. the fact the world is not run by Germany .. :lol:

anyway it is stupid

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I think ppl dont really deep down dislike america .. more so they are jealous of America. Lots of ppl in Canada go on about how they hope the USA does not win this or that .. or how they suck... but then i remind them how everything they do or like usually comes from america in some way or another.

Like the movies they like, shows they watch, cars they drive, clothes they wear, music they listen to .. the fact the world is not run by Germany .. :lol:

anyway it is stupid

:agree::agree:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

anyway it is stupid

I could argue with a lot of stuff in this post, but I'm tired and can't really be bothered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)