FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (41 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Congrats to Egypt for good defending, nothing exceptional by them perse, didnt really impress, score from a set piece then takin it slowly, but solid team effort in defending the lead and keeping possession, not so interested in attacking.

Italy quite dissapointed in several ways, but mostly tactics, Lippi really is the one at fault here, 100%, really didnt deploy any semblance of gamplan, quite counter productive way to put forward a team, too narrow in first half, 3 forwards all trying to receive the ball in the same way, no width at all. 3 midfielders that all pass side ways or one long desperate through ball. His substitution with Montolivo and Pepe showed how wrong he was with his tactics, because a wide player in Pepe what was exactly needed, to be able to supply the tall strikers with some crosses. And Montolivo and Gattuso was like night and day, a DM that loses everything, or Monto who connects the midfield with the attack as it should be.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think Egypt will beat the USA. They're a good team. The time wasting and attitude problems aside that is. Hopefully they can work on that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
With Torres or Benny in the middle.
Bradley - Torres

Clark - Torres

Bradley - Benny?

I don't know, not sure if I like anything to be honest. This will always be the weak spot for us defensively. Problem is, Egypt are a quicker team, not as quick as Ghana, but can still cause problems.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Congrats to Egypt for good defending, nothing exceptional by them perse, didnt really impress, score from a set piece then takin it slowly, but solid team effort in defending the lead and keeping possession, not so interested in attacking.

Italy quite dissapointed in several ways, but mostly tactics, Lippi really is the one at fault here, 100%, really didnt deploy any semblance of gamplan, quite counter productive way to put forward a team, too narrow in first half, 3 forwards all trying to receive the ball in the same way, no width at all. 3 midfielders that all pass side ways or one long desperate through ball. His substitution with Montolivo and Pepe showed how wrong he was with his tactics, because a wide player in Pepe what was exactly needed, to be able to supply the tall strikers with some crosses. And Montolivo and Gattuso was like night and day, a DM that loses everything, or Monto who connects the midfield with the attack as it should be.
I have a feeling that Lippi is playing us here. It doesn't make sense for the man to make these decisions. It's nothing like Lippi at all and I think he's trying to get the pressure off for the World Cup (I suspect he knows Italy aren't that good). I can't say I fully agree with that tactic, but we'll see how it turns out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fred predicted this.:shocked:
No, he said that the Egyptians are the Milan of Africa and that they're awful atm.

Not sure why Canna is getting LOLs, Chiellini has been by far Italy's worst player after Gattuso, and Zambro has been overrun a bit in his side too often, Canna defenitely been the best defender of this game. He isnt so quick, but has good timing and does whats needed.
Yeah, one of Giorgio's worst matches. He was even worst than Cannavaro and Grosso
So we must defeat Egypt by three goals, and Brazil have to smash Italy by four goals for us to progress. :lol2:
Close.
If you beat Egypt and Brazil beats Italy then a mini table will be created, with the results against Brazil not counted.

So far Italy has 3:2
Egupt has 1:0
USA has 1:3

If you beat Egypt by less than 3 goals then Italy will qualify. In order Italy not to qualify you either have to beat the Egyptians 3:0, 4:1 etc, or not to beat them at all.

Your chance to qualify is to beat Egypt by 3 or more and Italy to lose.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008

totally agree with u....

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I have a feeling that Lippi is playing us here. It doesn't make sense for the man to make these decisions. It's nothing like Lippi at all and I think he's trying to get the pressure off for the World Cup (I suspect he knows Italy aren't that good). I can't say I fully agree with that tactic, but we'll see how it turns out.
Please you are not serious.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Meh,congrats to the Egyptians.

Buffon 6.0

Zambrotta 4.0 Horrible performance.
Cannavaro 6.0 Best defender tonight,not the fastest anymore but still solid.
Chiellini 4.0 What the fuck was wrong with him?Very shaky performance.
Grosso 5.0 Meh,1st half ok,disappeared in the 2nd half

Pirlo 4.0 Horrible,HORRIBLE performance.He used to be one of the best but that was 3 years ago.Too bad Lippi is too stubborn to use someone else instead.
Gattuso 4.0 To be honest I admire his passion.That's about it.Shouldn't have been called up.
De Rossi 5.0 Was the best midfielder today,which is not saying much.

Quagliarella 4.0 Wasted on the wing.
Iaquinta 5.5 Should have scored,still the best striker today.
Rossi 5.5 Good shot,other than that not really good.Shouldn't have been subbed though,what a moronic decision by Lippi.

Montolivo 6.5 MOM.
Toni 4.0 I don't know why he has been called up.His short carrer is already over.
Pepe 5.5 I don't like him but he did OK.

Conclusion: Too many has-beens and Lippi won't change anything.

Still,Forza Azzurri.Let's beat some Brazilian ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)