FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (33 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Dude, you watch the EPL every week. They always hand out red cards for such challenges. Chiellini's was hardly even a foul. It was more of a dive and the American was obviously trying to get contact. But even if it was a foul, there is no ref that would send Chiellini off given the context. It's not automatic, because it's about interpretation. Was he really the last defender and was it really a goalscoring opportunity?

Donovan's a moron. If anyone deserves an elbow it was him. Might have been a red, I admit, but the ref didn't even see it and only handed out a yellow card because Donovan (who has got to be the most annoying motherfucker I have ever seen on a football pitch) kept wining.
By the first red card given I would have to say yes. And Chielini obstructed the hell out of Jozy. Altidore made a great cut and Giorgio held him up. Those plays get fouls all the time in the middle of the field. If Chielini doesn't obstruct Altidore, then he's in on goal regardless of whether he converts or not Chielini is guilty of obstructing a goal scoring opportunity.

He actually looked at the referee and said "What the fuck are you watching!" and pointed to his head. That's more balls than I've seen from Donovan. As much as I hate that fucker he played well today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Americans don't seem to get that! It's only what is written in your passport. :shifty:
Hey, we could be like all the other douchebags out there and Burke and I would support Germany because hey, we're German Americans.

But what good is that? I'm not going to any Germany matches anytime soon.

It's all about honoring your own nation. Yes, even if they suck.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Rossi dedicates goals to family Monday 15 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giuseppe Rossi has dedicated the two goals he scored in Italy's 3-1 Confederations Cup victory over the USA to his family back in America.

The 22-year-old, who grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey, came off the bench after 56 minutes and made quite an impact.

Italy were 1-0 down only for Rossi to get them level two minutes after coming on with a belting shot from 30 yards.

He then secured the points with a second deep in injury time, half volleying a gorgeous pass from Andrea Pirlo past Tim Howard.

“I am happy for the result and for the double,” Rossi said after the game. “I dedicate my goals to my family who are watching the game on TV in America.

“When I came on the team were suffering. The USA are tough. They run and fight a lot, but in the second half they were tired.

“Now we can have a great tournament,” Rossi concluded.

Italy now lie second in Group B behind Brazil, who edged out Egypt 4-3 earlier today.

Channel4.com

jejejeje waiting for Andy's comments

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
By the first red card given I would have to say yes. And Chielini obstructed the hell out of Jozy. Altidore made a great cut and Giorgio held him up. Those plays get fouls all the time in the middle of the field. If Chielini doesn't obstruct Altidore, then he's in on goal regardless of whether he converts or not Chielini is guilty of obstructing a goal scoring opportunity.

He actually looked at the referee and said "What the fuck are you watching!" and pointed to his head. That's more balls than I've seen from Donovan. As much as I hate that fucker he played well today.
If it was an obstruction, it wasn't a penalty. You have to learn the rules first, Aaron ;).

ßüякε;2035818 said:
Because your waffles were too big in front of your face. You have to be blind.

Or Belgian.
That's a great comeback.

Apr 12, 2004
Rossi dedicates goals to family Monday 15 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giuseppe Rossi has dedicated the two goals he scored in Italy's 3-1 Confederations Cup victory over the USA to his family back in America.

The 22-year-old, who grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey, came off the bench after 56 minutes and made quite an impact.

Italy were 1-0 down only for Rossi to get them level two minutes after coming on with a belting shot from 30 yards.

He then secured the points with a second deep in injury time, half volleying a gorgeous pass from Andrea Pirlo past Tim Howard.

“I am happy for the result and for the double,” Rossi said after the game. “I dedicate my goals to my family who are watching the game on TV in America.

“When I came on the team were suffering. The USA are tough. They run and fight a lot, but in the second half they were tired.

“Now we can have a great tournament,” Rossi concluded.

Italy now lie second in Group B behind Brazil, who edged out Egypt 4-3 earlier today.

Channel4.com

jejejeje waiting for Andy's comments

I hope he dies in a car accident.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Maybe it's a cultural thing, who knows.

My advice, don't write off someone just because he is new or doesn't have instant rep with the old guys. You will certainly gain a lot in some situations.
true that burke...try to avoid that rep reason for new posters man, it's very umpleasant and gives the guy reasons fear of posting his own ideeas.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Americans in general were crybabies TBH. The constant whining and asking for cards was very annoying.
You're vision must have been blurred. And the foul on Donovan by Legrotale at the end of the game was a PK. The ref just didn't want team Italy chasing him off the field.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I like watching Italy because of the amount of Juve players in the team but i dont care if they win or lose i only cheer for the Juve players not the team as a whole as i only support Ireland and Juve. Tonight i wanted USA to win but if any Juve player scored or Buffon made a good save i would of been happy for them. Im looking forward to the u21s tomorrow because i want to see Gio and Marchisio play well. Im definatly not an Azzurri fan boy or anything i just have a big interest in the Juve players. Fuck if Denmark were on Tv tommorow id even watch them just to check out Polsen.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
um why? :shifty:

ffs i am not talkin about gloryhunters, but those who actually support certain nation in every tournament. Is it that hard to understand.

EDIT: wasnt the diehard german NT fan from Mongolia enough of a example in my previous post?
Ok, so what's your point ? That because they come from a small country and have a shitty football team they support other teams with passion ? We already know this, so what ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're vision must have been blurred. And the foul on Donovan by Legrotale at the end of the game was a PK. The ref just didn't want team Italy chasing him off the field.
Again. The rules are important. If anything it was a foul by Donovan. In these occasions Donovan has to jump. Otherwise he's obstructing Legrottaglie.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If it was an obstruction, it wasn't a penalty. You have to learn the rules first, Aaron ;).
My point was that it was a legitimate foul. No matter how you want to twist it. Jew nose was lucky to get the yellow.

And let me ask you this. If Pirlo had tackled Donovan and gotten ejected and played a similar game that ended with an opposite result. How many dives and vaffunculos would we have seen at the end of the game?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My point was that it was a legitimate foul. No matter how you want to twist it. Jew nose was lucky to get the yellow.

And let me ask you this. If Pirlo had tackled Donovan and gotten ejected and played a similar game that ended with an opposite result. How many dives and vaffunculos would we have seen at the end of the game?
Obstruction = indirect free kick = yellow.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Again. The rules are important. If anything it was a foul by Donovan. In these occasions Donovan has to jump. Otherwise he's obstructing Legrottaglie.
You don't have to jump. It's nothing in the rules. You merely have to make an attempt to play the ball, which by moving towards it he did. Legrottaglie chose to stumble into him and it should have been another penalty and in the EPL it might have been one.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Are you two talking about the penalty?
If you do then i can't see how you can ask for a red card there Aaron. If that was a red card then every single penalty incident should be a red card.

Penalty and a yellow card. That's what every referee will give there.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Obstruction = indirect free kick = yellow.
Unless the referee determines it to not be obstruction. Since the call on the field was a foul which stopped a goal scoring opportunity a penalty was awarded. By that call Chiellini should have gotten red. If the referee had given an obstruction call, which he didn't, then I would agree to a yellow.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Are you two talking about the penalty?
If you do then i can't see how you can ask for a red card there Aaron. If that was a red card then every single penalty incident should be a red card.

Penalty and a yellow card. That's what every referee will give there.
The rules say a red card can be given. Basically I wanted a red card because we got a red card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)