FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (93 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
I really don't want to get into this stupid discussion about Italy, Italians, false Italians etc.

But still, why then you supported Barca in CL? Why did you talk how beatiful football they play (which with I agree) and how every football fan must like the because of beatiful football they play? Does that make you Barca fan and Juve fan, why you didn't cheered for Juve in that final? I know why because Juve didn't played that final, the same thing can be said about tonight's game or any other game.

I also hate when someone acts like he is bigger Italian than one who actually lives and works in Italy, but to sympathise some other team when it plays is not wrong IMO.
Because Man U sucks.

The world cup is a tournament consisting of 32 countries, yes? I hope you realize that most of the people who watch the world cup and support Brazil for example are not Brazilian.

You can support whoever you want for whatever reason you want, there isn't a law that states otherwise. You can either face reality or you can go around barking at half of the world's population. Your call.
Then they are all mock fans.
Whatever, Andy. It was very obvious that Italy deserved to win. And the red card was just. It was a horrible challenge. And I think Belgium would beat the US. You just have the advantage of playing in that stupid cup. You have to beat.. what Costa Rica to get in the Confederations Cup?

Sour loser, Andy, that's what you are.
Sour? Have you tasted him today?
That's a bit harsh don't you think? I hope you are joking about this here, if not i really hope that most of the guys here don't share this opinion of yours then.
No, most people would agree with me.

No they didn't. They were all a lot less bad. You'd have to be friggin' blind.

Or American.
Watch your mouth.
Whether or not I have Italian citizenship doesn't change the fact that Italy destroyed the US in the second half tonight.
How do you figure? Americans scored 3 goals tonight.
Get over the loss man! Why are you so fucking bitter.. even with 11 men Italy would've still beaten this sorry excuse of a team. You, like your team, are a bunch of whining pussies. :agree:
Watch your mouth too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Go watch the play again. It's a yellow card no doubt, but other than that it's harsh.

FIFA's rules of the game state that if the last defender interferes with a goal scoring opportunity then a red card is automatically given. Chiellini did that. It wasn't even a rule that says it's up to the referee's discussion. It's automatic.

Grosso's elbow was just dirty. You have to be blind to miss that. And I'm not even going to bring your nationality into the discussion because I don't need to.;)
Dude, you watch the EPL every week. They always hand out red cards for such challenges. Chiellini's was hardly even a foul. It was more of a dive and the American was obviously trying to get contact. But even if it was a foul, there is no ref that would send Chiellini off given the context. It's not automatic, because it's about interpretation. Was he really the last defender and was it really a goalscoring opportunity?

Donovan's a moron. If anyone deserves an elbow it was him. Might have been a red, I admit, but the ref didn't even see it and only handed out a yellow card because Donovan (who has got to be the most annoying motherfucker I have ever seen on a football pitch) kept wining.

Apr 12, 2004
Dude, you watch the EPL every week. They always hand out red cards for such challenges. Chiellini's was hardly even a foul. It was more of a dive and the American was obviously trying to get contact. But even if it was a foul, there is no ref that would send Chiellini off given the context. It's not automatic, because it's about interpretation. Was he really the last defender and was it really a goalscoring opportunity?

Donovan's a moron. If anyone deserves an elbow it was him. Might have been a red, I admit, but the ref didn't even see it and only handed out a yellow card because Donovan (who has got to be the most annoying motherfucker I have ever seen on a football pitch) kept wining.
Says the wop genius. :lol2:

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
you missed my point then, what i mean is that not everyone is born in a country where football is regarded as a main sport, there are countries whos football culture is down low, and they just s--k totally, no chance to make any tournament.

I am not stating that a fan will support this nation in 04, that nation in 06 etc, but the fact that if you are from lets say Tahiti, Mongolia or some other country where football is just damn average, doesnt take away your rights to support some other country in football tournaments, aka there might live a die hard Germany NT fan in Mongolia who has supported German NT since 98.
But then it leads up to that point where a fan would support this nation in 06, that nation 08. I am not going to that point.

aoshimy

May 31, 2009
you missed my point then, what i mean is that not everyone is born in a country where football is regarded as a main sport, there are countries whos football culture is down low, and they just s--k totally, no chance to make any tournament.

I am not stating that a fan will support this nation in 04, that nation in 06 etc, but the fact that if you are from lets say Tahiti, Mongolia or some other country where football is just damn average, doesnt take away your rights to support some other country in football tournaments, aka there might live a die hard Germany NT fan in Mongolia who has supported German NT since 98.
The Americans don't seem to get that! It's only what is written in your passport. :shifty:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
ßüякε;2035769 said:
No, most people would agree with me.
Than its a bit sad. It's always nice to hear fresh ideas from new people, trying to make it a closed circle isn't a very good way to live in a society.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßüякε;2035803 said:
But you saying the Americans are whiners is so laughable because you love the Italiens, the ones who invented whining.
That's not what I saw today.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
But then it leads up to that point where a fan would support this nation in 06, that nation 08. I am not going to that point.
um why? :shifty:

ffs i am not talkin about gloryhunters, but those who actually support certain nation in every tournament. Is it that hard to understand.

EDIT: wasnt the diehard german NT fan from Mongolia enough of a example in my previous post?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
ßüякε;2035804 said:
Welcome to the real world.
Maybe it's a cultural thing, who knows.

My advice, don't write off someone just because he is new or doesn't have instant rep with the old guys. You will certainly gain a lot in some situations.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I saw the last half hour of that one.:D
i saw the first 65 minutes...cuz i had a bet on it..and then went out, but kept watchin the score on my mobile..anyways, he's a kid with a lot of potential...i've never seen a backline so persecuted by someone since the inquisition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)