FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (27 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Am I being an asshole because I'm turning the tables on Andy and he's having a seizure? Maybe he should be more respectful to people on this board and not do things like wish career ending injuries on players.

Personally I don't care who you cheer from or where you're from but it's fun to see this guy flip out when someone does the same thing to him that he does to others.
Awww, did I hurt your little Rossi fanboy feelings? :cry:

I don't honestly need to show any of these people respect. People can't expect me, or any fan of the US, to respect people like Rossi, along with fans who don't support their own national team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Oh yeah, I'm sure Clark being sent off had no effect on the final score. :andyandbarcelona:
Sure it had. But don't come and say you are certain you would win. Maybe your heart believes so, but your brain should think the opposite. It's not like Italy and Lippi doesn't know what they were doing. They wen't in with a better play in the second half. And you did actually score after sending off.

Anyway, congrats with a good game USA :)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
ßüякε;2035665 said:
no, they represent themselves.

This is like saying that if Juve were out, you guys would support Milan, or Inter, or Roma, or Viola because they "represent Italy." Which is not true. half of you guys root against them if juve are out and pull for Arsenal or Barca over Inter or Milan.
I'm kind of Seria A fan too so i will support Italian team as long as it's not Inter. And if someone from my home league would face Juve it would be a hard time choosing for which to root, although I think i would go with Juve, unless its my home town team "Atlantas" :D a team I attended since i was a kid, then its them, all the way!

On a different note. I support Azzurri, but if they would match up with Lithuania i would root for Lithuania then, until then, why can't I support both my home country which is total crap and it is painful to watch full game of theirs, and second team, which has a lot of players I like in it?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
ßüякε;2035710 said:
Ummm, because they aren't Italian, they don't have citizenship. You answered your own question.

Well, your posts don't mean anything to anyone because you have no rep here because you are a newbie.
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. And obviously they mean something because your buddy flipped out several times already.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:lol2:

Why do you have to support anybody? Can't one enjoy football without declaring support for one particular country? :confused2
I really don't want to get into this stupid discussion about Italy, Italians, false Italians etc.

But still, why then you supported Barca in CL? Why did you talk how beatiful football they play (which with I agree) and how every football fan must like the because of beatiful football they play? Does that make you Barca fan and Juve fan, why you didn't cheered for Juve in that final? I know why because Juve didn't played that final, the same thing can be said about tonight's game or any other game.

I also hate when someone acts like he is bigger Italian than one who actually lives and works in Italy, but to sympathise some other team when it plays is not wrong IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
yeah but whats the point? I think its quite natural that you tend to start supporting a team in NT football competitions (especially if your from Papua New Guinea or smth like that :D). Its just not as fascinating if you watch all those tournaments without supporting any team.
I always have a great time watching the Euros. The U.S. doesn't play in that.

I just want to see good football.

Jun 13, 2007
You aren't an Italian citizen until you're an Italian citizen.

One can play for Juventus without being an Italian citizen.

Is that so hard to understand?

Sheesh, it's not a very difficult concept.
The world cup is a tournament consisting of 32 countries, yes? I hope you realize that most of the people who watch the world cup and support Brazil for example are not Brazilian.

You can support whoever you want for whatever reason you want, there isn't a law that states otherwise. You can either face reality or you can go around barking at half of the world's population. Your call.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Who said i dont support my own country in football? Hell of course i do, americans may remember the friendlie in 2006, when they had problems with beating us with our worst coach ever. i met our best striker in basketball court today, as he is having a holiday till the preparing for the new season starts. But why it is smth disgusting to cheer for another country if it doesnt affect your own nation? Especially if there are so many players from my favourite team? I dont care if im not 'a real fan in andys eyes', i just want to understand his ridicolous point.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The score-line was entirely fraudulent. We played a great match before giving too much space up to Italy in midfield, but that's what happens when the referee ruins the game with an absurd straight red card on Clark. Second match vs. Italy in a row where the Azzurri is rewarded all the calls. In actuality, we should have had two penalties as that oaf Legrottaglie was all over Landon once again in the second half. I hope I don't have to watch that joke play for Juventus too much longer.

Very good effort by boys who should have been rewarded with a draw tonight, but Coach Bradley should be placed in an insane asylum. Bringing on Beasley and Kljestan were the wrong moves when Adu was on the bench. At least he brought on Davies.

Congratulations to the Juventus players in the squad, not so much Camoranesi because he's a prick, and congrats to the Azzurri fans with Italian citizenship. But zero congrats for all the fags from nations such as Belgium, Latvia, Saudi Arabia and others who support Italy just because their own nations blows. Sorry-assed fans.

If the Republicans do anything right, it would be using caution in allowing traitors like the Rossi family feed off our system. Deport them immediately.
Whatever, Andy. It was very obvious that Italy deserved to win. And the red card was just. It was a horrible challenge. And I think Belgium would beat the US. You just have the advantage of playing in that stupid cup. You have to beat.. what Costa Rica to get in the Confederations Cup?

Sour loser, Andy, that's what you are.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
ßüякε;2035710 said:
Ummm, because they aren't Italian, they don't have citizenship. You answered your own question.

Well, your posts don't mean anything to anyone because you have no rep here because you are a newbie.
That's a bit harsh don't you think? I hope you are joking about this here, if not i really hope that most of the guys here don't share this opinion of yours then.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
yeah but whats the point? I think its quite natural that you tend to start supporting a team in NT football competitions (especially if your from Papua New Guinea or smth like that :D). Its just not as fascinating if you watch all those tournaments without supporting any team.
Wrong. I am not a fucking glory-hunter. I have met so many fake Italian fans who have pissed me off as much. You're referring to glory-hunters, and I have met many who suddenly change from being a France fan to a Brazilian fan. I was born watching Italia play.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really don't want to get into this stupid discussion about Italy, Italians, false Italians etc.

But still, why then you supported Barca in CL? Why did you talk how beatiful football they play (which with I agree) and how every football fan must like the because of beatiful football they play? Does that make you Barca fan and Juve fan, why you didn't cheered for Juve in that final? I know why because Juve didn't played that final, the same thing can be said about tonight's game or any other game.

I also hate when someone acts like he is bigger Italian than one who actually lives and works in Italy, but to sympathise some other team when it plays is not wrong IMO.
I don't support Barca, but yeah I wanted them to win because I hate Man United.

They play great football, something I want to see, but that doesn't make me a supporter of them.

If so, that means I only have to like the football Juventus produces, even if it's absolute shit. That doesn't make any sense. Woohooo, we just lost 3-1 to Chelsea, but at least we did a fantastic job of putting the ball in our own net! Forza own goals, that's how the game should be played!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sure it had. But don't come and say you are certain you would win. Maybe your heart believes so, but your brain should think the opposite. It's not like Italy and Lippi doesn't know what they were doing. They wen't in with a better play in the second half. And you did actually score after sending off.

Anyway, congrats with a good game USA :)
The US played well with 11 men, then played well with 10 = the only way the USA was in the game was that they had 10 men? That's moronic. Of course the US would have been better able to play in the second half with 11. Then they wouldn't have been so tired. The red card completely changed the game. To ignore that fact is extremely naive and arrogant.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Whatever, Andy. It was very obvious that Italy deserved to win. And the red card was just. It was a horrible challenge. And I think Belgium would beat the US. You just have the advantage of playing in that stupid cup. You have to beat.. what Costa Rica to get in the Confederations Cup?

I'm sorry, do you have Italian citizenship?

Sorry-assed fans.

Jun 13, 2007

Sore*

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, that was another one.

Dirty, dirty team.

And Clark tried to pull his leg back at the last minute, thus showing he was not intentionally trying to hurt the player.
Oh please. Clark was late by a mile. He was an idiot. If anything you should hang him by the testicles. He cost you the game, Andy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm sorry, do you have Italian citizenship?

Sorry-assed fans.
It's fairly easy to get Italian citizenship for EU citizen, Andy. So I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. And who the fuck cares? I like Italy and I like Italian, so I support Italy. You on the other hand have never been to the place. You wouldn't know Firenze from Rome. Yet you have to hate people who like Italy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The world cup is a tournament consisting of 32 countries, yes? I hope you realize that most of the people who watch the world cup and support Brazil for example are not Brazilian.
They can support Brazil all they want.

I just don't have to respect those retards, however.

You can support whoever you want for whatever reason you want, there isn't a law that states otherwise.
Exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)