FIFA 19 (13 Viewers)

vote

• xbox1

• ps4

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi
I just downloaded the CPY version - Did anyone else try it? If you have - Did it crash on Alex Hunter journey (when you score with his brother)?
Anyone knows how to fix it?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
i downloaded it but i didnt play the journey yet
Its working now
CPY released a crack fix and now it works!
I`ll probably not going to play it (as I kind of dropped out of playing Fifa and PES last year) but its nice to know its working
I played 2 games with Fifa ending 0-0 vs Barcelona and demolishing them 3-0 in the 2nd game (toughest level I think its Legendary or something like that)
PES has improved since last year but I kind of tired of playing football games as Im more into watching them (put FM aside)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I swear recent patches have made this game absolutely unplayable. You can't even come Into contact without losing out on a 50-50. The players first touch is dreadful now, unresponsive, retarded defending, just a totally scripted shit heap nowonder the pro players are starting to ditch it

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
FIFA has bern a randomly generated script for a long time now.

Your team can be on fire and lead by two, three goals and then suddenly everything stops working and your opponent equalizes in the dying minutes, preferably with a screamer.
The GK will be awesome one match then suck the next. The biggest giveaway is when your defenders duck shots and the keeper makes no effort to save, especially those soft goals.

Momentum is for real.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I swear recent patches have made this game absolutely unplayable. You can't even come Into contact without losing out on a 50-50. The players first touch is dreadful now, unresponsive, retarded defending, just a totally scripted shit heap nowonder the pro players are starting to ditch it
Agreed, it favours those who like pressing, while simple things like passing sucks. There's a new art to defending as well. A lot difficult and unplayable, its all about your player stats, tactics and roulette.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
FIFA has bern a randomly generated script for a long time now.

Your team can be on fire and lead by two, three goals and then suddenly everything stops working and your opponent equalizes in the dying minutes, preferably with a screamer.
The GK will be awesome one match then suck the next. The biggest giveaway is when your defenders duck shots and the keeper makes no effort to save, especially those soft goals.

Momentum is for real.
On the higher difficulties you get no end of times where the opposition have literally 1 or 2 shots and score, particularly if you are wasteful. It's almost stressful if you get to 60 mins and have missed a few chances, because you know that Ascoli will suddenly turn into 1970 Brazil and put together an untouchable chain of passes and rifle one into the top corner past all your elite players. In EA's mind that kind of thing replicates real football, where sometimes you get punished for not taking your chances. Sometimes. With a vast difference in quality it happens 7 out of 10 games, and in the difficult games it's basically like playing with a handicap as you are going to be a goal down before the game starts.

Collision zones are absolute garbage and have been broken since day one, so stand up defending becomes a lottery, it takes a long time to know how to get around the glitches, and even then you can't rely on them. When you're playing a perfect defensive game and all of a sudden a goal comes from nothing you can accept it every now and again, but the scripting on this game is farcical at the higher levels. Difficulty levels in football games should be in the general game play, but that is not the case. It's easy to absolutely dominate possession and create chances, but there are certain situations in the game where you've seen this goal scored past you many times. For me it's either the give-and-go where the triangular pass is rifled into the top corner with random player - you can do almost nothing to stop that one. And the other is the sudden Beckham-esque cross from deep which perfectly reaches the back post for an almost unmissable header. Again, you'll be lucky to even get near intercepting or saving the ball.

Has to be said though, finesse finishing is often overpowered, anyone with over 80 is hard to either miss or get very close. Also long shots with the same rating, anything 25-30 yards out is a goal chance with an 80+ once you've had a bit of practise. FIFA always did like those, and the usual square pass dirty goals, which remain fairly easy.

I'm too much of a purist to really like this game. It's a shame Seabass never had EA's backing.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
On the higher difficulties you get no end of times where the opposition have literally 1 or 2 shots and score, particularly if you are wasteful. It's almost stressful if you get to 60 mins and have missed a few chances, because you know that Ascoli will suddenly turn into 1970 Brazil and put together an untouchable chain of passes and rifle one into the top corner past all your elite players. In EA's mind that kind of thing replicates real football, where sometimes you get punished for not taking your chances. Sometimes. With a vast difference in quality it happens 7 out of 10 games, and in the difficult games it's basically like playing with a handicap as you are going to be a goal down before the game starts.

Collision zones are absolute garbage and have been broken since day one, so stand up defending becomes a lottery, it takes a long time to know how to get around the glitches, and even then you can't rely on them. When you're playing a perfect defensive game and all of a sudden a goal comes from nothing you can accept it every now and again, but the scripting on this game is farcical at the higher levels. Difficulty levels in football games should be in the general game play, but that is not the case. It's easy to absolutely dominate possession and create chances, but there are certain situations in the game where you've seen this goal scored past you many times. For me it's either the give-and-go where the triangular pass is rifled into the top corner with random player - you can do almost nothing to stop that one. And the other is the sudden Beckham-esque cross from deep which perfectly reaches the back post for an almost unmissable header. Again, you'll be lucky to even get near intercepting or saving the ball.

Has to be said though, finesse finishing is often overpowered, anyone with over 80 is hard to either miss or get very close. Also long shots with the same rating, anything 25-30 yards out is a goal chance with an 80+ once you've had a bit of practise. FIFA always did like those, and the usual square pass dirty goals, which remain fairly easy.

I'm too much of a purist to really like this game. It's a shame Seabass never had EA's backing.
Thanks for adding the defensive aspect. Totally forgot about that.

As you said the standing defense is a total lottery. Even without pressing standing or sliding tackle you can give away a foul which really makes the defending out of your control. The penalties also can come very random by just grazing the attacker.

So in short, you don't really control the game to the fullest extent. Many actions are just randomized.

I think EA does this to keep the "skill level" more or less equal so the less skilled players won't be hammered and discouraged. That way you can have them all aboard the microtransaction bus.

My 2 cents.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The standing tackles is just comical to say the least. The worst bit is that the timing is so out of sync with your controls that more often that most my defender flies in seconds afterwards and picks up a yellow. It's unbelievably broken and for the first time I feel like getting pes to compensate the lack of control and actual realism to fifa

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of tackles I must have countless recordings where ive been mauled down and given nothing. And I mean mauled down without their defender winning or even touching the ball. There is so much wrong with this game there is nothing right with the game play

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I just won division one by winning 8 games in a row. Sore losers will always complain.

The tackles are fine if your players are actually good at tackling. There are some bs penalty calls tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Rabona crosses are op btw

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That's not an argument. For years I've been winning league one, in both, normal leagues and Ultimate team mode, still momentum does exist. You are a fool if you believe otherwise despite playing this game for years. The better players are able to play through it, but you can not NOT notice the moments when your worldclass players can't play simple passes anymore, and no, it's not because from one moment to another you simply forget how to play the game. Never mind the countless 45+ minutes corner goals and the wonder goals i conceded by silver players throughout the year. You can fight through - but you shouldn't have to. Random scripted moments shouldn't have a place in competitive games.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's bullshit pay to win system because ea can't be arsed to make a proper game knowing there is no competition out there in terms of licensing. Frankly I'm gonna give pes a go it sure can't be anything worse than this shite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)