FIFA 15 (14 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #221
    PES 6/PES 2007 was the last great Konami game, so you're only a year out. That's when they got complacent, at the same time that EA Sports realised that they couldn't just keep putting out any old crap with a license, which they were/are also guilty of with their NBA and NHL releases, amongst others, in comparison to 2KSports.
    They stayed behind times. In truth they never really adapted to the next generation consoles then (PS3/Xbox360). Now FIFA has become too powerful for them to even try anything. It's their own fault. They had the best Football games for many years and failed to keep up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    FIFA still outsold them massively (worldwide at least) even when PES was much better, but I agree that the gap is very big now in terms of sales and prestige. However if Konami decide that they want to put out another game that I found more fun to play (I'm not really bothered about game modes or licenses) then I would play that instead no problem.

PR is important in terms of sales and prestige, it takes years for the tide to turn. It did with both FIFA since the early 97-98 stuff, people still kept buying junk, and also with PES from PES 6 up until about PES 2011 when people realised it was crap.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Gotto be honest here, whilst i dont like that "OMG CUNTLEYS PREMIERLEAUGEBAX" thing going on, the way they did the fans and celebrations,and mostly replays, is quite excellent.
    Really gives that atmosphere going, and when i saw that Juve-PSG game with the fans in the juve colors i was immediatly "omfg i gotta have this nao".

Then i saw PES, and it felt VERY boring and static, and Tevez ABSOLUTELY doesnt play like that. Felt like watching romario @CrimsonianKing

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #224
    Gotto be honest here, whilst i dont like that "OMG CUNTLEYS PREMIERLEAUGEBAX" thing going on, the way they did the fans and celebrations,and mostly replays, is quite excellent.
    Really gives that atmosphere going, and when i saw that Juve-PSG game with the fans in the juve colors i was immediatly "omfg i gotta have this nao".

Then i saw PES, and it felt VERY boring and static, and Tevez ABSOLUTELY doesnt play like that. Felt like watching romario @CrimsonianKing
    Don't be ridiculous :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Surely the player plays as the gamer plays them?

Interesting you should mention it though, considering PES 2014+ has a unique 'PES ID' system where the more famous players have individual mechanisms and playing styles. I'm sure Tevez is one of them, in fact I can see it from the video.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #226
    FIFA still outsold them massively (worldwide at least) even when PES was much better, but I agree that the gap is very big now in terms of sales and prestige. However if Konami decide that they want to put out another game that I found more fun to play (I'm not really bothered about game modes or licenses) then I would play that instead no problem.

PR is important in terms of sales and prestige, it takes years for the tide to turn. It did with both FIFA since the early 97-98 stuff, people still kept buying junk, and also with PES from PES 6 up until about PES 2011 when people realised it was crap.
    :tup: I remember the good PES days when Master league was such a competition between my friends. We'd build our own teams and play against each other for money. I had Ravanelli and Crespo as the all powerful pair up front :D Batistuta was my super sub.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #231

Really, thats not tevez.
    Yeah, the skill/stars system is pretty bad. It's pretty ridiculous that they'll categorize skills/tricks to star numbers. Most players who are 3 or 4 stars in the game can't even pull out most of those skills in real life.

Skills should be categorized by name, then add whatever skill the RL counterpart can do to his FIFA player. Not the ones they can't and/or have never done.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #233
    Well, it's more about what the kids want tbh.

UT, in a way, has hold FIFA back for many years now, in terms of adding depth to other modes/game in general. Whoever came up with UT hit the jackpot and that's the part of the game they care about, really. It's where the money comes in, just business.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    meanwhile, Konami basically said fuck you to the entire western market, and wants to continue for japan only, aka ps4.

Such a fail. giving up like that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    meanwhile, Konami basically said fuck you to the entire western market, and wants to continue for japan only, aka ps4.

Such a fail. giving up like that.
    Did you know that the Japanese release has all the same teams but also a fully licensed (i.e. every single player has a realistic face) J-League? In PES NA/EU releases there is no league whatsoever, and even the NT is now unlicensed.

One issue is that FIFA are pricing them out of the market by overpaying for licenses, but also they hold the JFA license yet won't use it outside of Japan.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
    PES 5 and 6 were amazing, now theyre just shit imo

Fifa 15 so far feels better than 14, at least its harder to score. Hopefully they'll remove the exploits like finesse etc.

Found Oscar and G.Johnson in packs so far :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)