FIFA 15 (37 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I'm actually at a point where I'm 99% sure that handicaps are exisiting. It's the main reason why I can win with a ~70 overall rated team against a ~85 rated team, you just notice that your passes, the players movements, and finishing, become almost perfect and free of error, while the opponent struggles to properly string together a few successful passes with far superior players. They will still have the advantage of more pace and strength, much more shotpower and better goalkeepers to just name a few, but these alterations make the match basically even.

This then becomes a problem in ultimate team, where there is no point in buying better players because it doesn't increase your chance of winning a game.
:rofl: it has been like that ever since iss deluxe era on snes, there always things like that in soccer games, that's why I said it's been 20 years or little more but in the end soccer games fundamentally still feel the same just more cosmetics

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I'm trying so hard to like FIFA, played the new demo and it is getting closer to what I remember a football game plays like, but it still feels a little deliberate and clunky, like you are never fully in control, to me.

Shame Konami keep putting out a turd, I couldn't even play the last PES for more than about 20 games.

BTW keepers on this are well OP, they need to tone something down because the shooting/keeper bar is set too high. It's one step away from fricking Premier Soccer '95.
PES 2015 looks promising :klin:. but of course all the previous versions did around this time. I too ended up hating '14 after a while.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I always liked the PES faces, but the models more. They just feel fuller to use and more realistic contact zones.

Although Pepe's face hasn't been changed from that same scan for like 6-7 releases now, which doesn't make me optimistic about the depth in players with real faces.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #218
    The Best PES games were from 96 to 2001, they've been dead since 2005. Now they'll lose the little customers they still had.

Very stupid move.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    PES 6/PES 2007 was the last great Konami game, so you're only a year out. That's when they got complacent, at the same time that EA Sports realised that they couldn't just keep putting out any old crap with a license, which they were/are also guilty of with their NBA and NHL releases, amongst others, in comparison to 2KSports.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    PES 6/PES 2007 was the last great Konami game, so you're only a year out. That's when they got complacent, at the same time that EA Sports realised that they couldn't just keep putting out any old crap with a license, which they were/are also guilty of with their NBA and NHL releases, amongst others, in comparison to 2KSports.
    :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)