FIFA 15 (39 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, but to defend effectively in real life you have to make a collective effort. I don't even think that's possible in a game where you can only really control one player.
if an attacker comes onto one of my defenders, what i usually do, is to select a defender next to or behind him, and press with that player. If the attacker get past i intervene with the covering back. In this way i try to controll the space behind the defender.

They could vastly improve this by allowing you a better controll of players around you while defending. For example using the right thumbstick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I agree with what you guys are saying about the defending but no one is going to buy a video game to play defence.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Tbh the most important factor of Fifa 15 is if they get the pretty powerful element of randomness and chance of 14 out of the game.

Of course luck and random outcomes of certain situations are a part of the game, but in 14, I largely had the feeling that most of the times, no matter if I lost or won, I couldn't really attribute it to either my errors or me playing well. Against a clearly inferior or superior opponent this was of course not the case, but in any game in, to say it in Fifa terms, division 1 & 2, where I spent most of my time playing, every goal was at least to a rather large extent, much larger than in any previous games, the result of luck, and not really the abilities of the respective players.

What's also really annoying is Fifa balancing out strong differences in ratings between two teams facing off against each other, as it makes UT basically unplayable after your team reaches a certain overall rating.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Well there are tons of youtube videos claiming that "scripting" and "handicaps" are in the game to even the playing field. The only way to lose to a shitty player is if the game makes you lose. And the shitty player can remain happy and keep buying those packs in ultimate team.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm actually at a point where I'm 99% sure that handicaps are exisiting. It's the main reason why I can win with a ~70 overall rated team against a ~85 rated team, you just notice that your passes, the players movements, and finishing, become almost perfect and free of error, while the opponent struggles to properly string together a few successful passes with far superior players. They will still have the advantage of more pace and strength, much more shotpower and better goalkeepers to just name a few, but these alterations make the match basically even.

This then becomes a problem in ultimate team, where there is no point in buying better players because it doesn't increase your chance of winning a game.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I'm actually at a point where I'm 99% sure that handicaps are exisiting. It's the main reason why I can win with a ~70 overall rated team against a ~85 rated team, you just notice that your passes, the players movements, and finishing, become almost perfect and free of error, while the opponent struggles to properly string together a few successful passes with far superior players. They will still have the advantage of more pace and strength, much more shotpower and better goalkeepers to just name a few, but these alterations make the match basically even.

This then becomes a problem in ultimate team, where there is no point in buying better players because it doesn't increase your chance of winning a game.
I'm also 99% sure.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I'm most annoyed with the position tag on a player. Why can't you make a LW a CAM? They should do as in FM and let a player have a natural position and then a secondary or even get the ability to train positions that is not natural. A player like Reus can and do both play LW, CAM and RW. In UT he's a LW and can never play RW eg. That's such an annoying part IMO. And then there should be more customization of team shirts, logo, stadium, club name etc so that you don't play the same team over and over again in the same stadiums. And price regulate the players - those who have full TOTS are 100% cheating

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, i guess if juve performs up to the task all season, they'll continiously have half the squat in the "players in form" list.

Aka, if juve do well in europe

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, Lopez is a better goalkeeper then Gigi

Go $#@! yourself EA, seriously
Dude, it's a video game, not the end of the world.

EA Sports knows that 99.9% of Juventus fans will edit Buffon to a 99 anyway, so who cares.

$25?!?!

In Australia, these games are sold from between $70-$90 (depending on which store you go to). We regularly get ripped off with everything here in Australia.
The only way he's getting FIFA at $25 in the US is he's buying it two years later, used, or from someone who steals copies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
$25?!?!

In Australia, these games are sold from between $70-$90 (depending on which store you go to). We regularly get ripped off with everything here in Australia.
$25?!?!

Oh games are normally $60 or so here before taxes, but the Black Friday sales at Best Buy and Amazon :tuttosport:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/21/3674378/black-friday-video-game-deals-2012
Never even need to leave my house.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, it's a video game, not the end of the world.

EA Sports knows that 99.9% of Juventus fans will edit Buffon to a 99 anyway, so who cares.

The only way he's getting FIFA at $25 in the US is he's buying it two years later, used, or from someone who steals copies.
Black Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)