Fever Pitch (1 Viewer)

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
Has anybody read the book "Fever Pitch " by Nick Hornby???

I've chosen fanatics about football/negative aspects of sports as a special field in English for my final exams and so had to read that book...

It's an autobiography and it's about an Arsenal-Fan and the strong relationship to his favourite club. It's a kind of love he feels for it and everything is described in such an amazing way! As a lifetime-football fan, it was the right book for me.
I would suggest it...especially to these people who don't understand us, football fans/fanatics...That's why I suggested it to my parents (but unfortunately they don't speak English :) )

I also had to read some literature about Hooligans! There are many books about that, I didn't know that there was such a high amount of literature about that subject. But it's really interesting. There is a lot of information I didn't reall know about! IT'S A MUST for every football-fan!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Yeah that is a fantastic book about the passion of football. It was some good time since I read it and I don't remember much of it. The most fascinating part of it was how it described how the world of football had changed. How the ticketprices went from just 1£ to todays inzane prizes of over 50£. How the stands used to be a place where the workerclass could release their angers at each other, and how these places nowadays are filled with men in ties sitting on comfortable seats.
But most of all it is a wonderful story of a man's passion for a football team.

If you liked this book you're gonna absolutely love "High Fidelity" a book about music and love, all that matters except football. ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
There is a new movie with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore called Fever Pitch. They filmed it here in Boston. I met Jimmy Fallon when he was filming the movie here

OP
la_dynamite86

la_dynamite86

Sep 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yeah, there's a film based on Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch, but I'm not sure if it's that one... Because I don't remember Drew Barrymore on the cast-list. However, must have been a great experience, wasn't it?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    To be honest, I thought Nick came off as a pathetic loser -- more of a crack addict than a football fan. It made me depressed for how hollow the guy's life was more than anything.

Jul 10, 2006
    Yeah, there's a film based on Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch, but I'm not sure if it's that one... Because I don't remember Drew Barrymore on the cast-list. However, must have been a great experience, wasn't it?
    The fallon-berrymore version of fever pitch is a bastardization of the book and the mid 90's movie it spawned starring colin firth iirc. In the fallon version they sub Arsenal for the Boston Red Sox. Other than that everything else is almost exactly the same. Jimmy Fallon is a terribke actor and the red sox are a terribke franchise so i think it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)