Ferrara in Cannavaro call (2 Viewers)

Christian j

Jun 2, 2004
Ciro Ferrara has asked fellow Neapolitan Fabio Cannavaro to join him at Juventus this summer.

The Inter defender has been linked with a switch to the Bianconeri and Ferrara is keen on his arrival.

"When he was about to leave Napoli I called him and told him how good life was in Turin, but he joined Parma," said the 37-year-old.

"I called him again when he was about to leave Parma yet he chose Inter. I’ve been in touch this summer, we’ll see what happens."

The Napoli legend is about to start his 11th campaign at Juventus, this time under the leadership of new boss Fabio Capello.

"His arrival did surprise us," he admitted. "Nevertheless, he is the right man after the departure of Marcello Lippi. He is a tough and serious boss.

"Right now Capello is trying to understand us and we are trying to understand him. He is a tactician who works hard but says very little."

Ferrara was also asked to comment on Alex Del Piero’s disappointing Euro campaign and the confirmation of David Trezeguet.

"Does Alex risk losing his place? We all do because that is what happens when a new Coach arrives," continued Ferrara.

"I hope that he is motivated for the new season. It’s a shame that he was so heavily criticised for Italy’s disappointing tournament.

"As for David, I’m happy that he is staying. It is a better option to keep Trezeguet rather than sign Christian Vieri."

There was a real possibility that Ferrara could have left Juventus to aid Lippi with the national side. "I spoke with him but I want to be a player for one more season," he explained.

"We’ll see what happens, even if I already have a contract agreed with Juve to become a director once I do stop playing."

so i hope he will come

Buy on AliExpress.com

Romano

May 22, 2004
Damn didn't know that Del Piero was so critised.
Well, he deserve's it, he is the best payed player in Serie A but he plays like he's 40

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Christian j ] ++
Ciro Ferrara has asked fellow Neapolitan Fabio Cannavaro to join him at Juventus this summer.

The Inter defender has been linked with a switch to the Bianconeri and Ferrara is keen on his arrival.

"When he was about to leave Napoli I called him and told him how good life was in Turin, but he joined Parma," said the 37-year-old.

"I called him again when he was about to leave Parma yet he chose Inter. I’ve been in touch this summer, we’ll see what happens."

The Napoli legend is about to start his 11th campaign at Juventus, this time under the leadership of new boss Fabio Capello.

"His arrival did surprise us," he admitted. "Nevertheless, he is the right man after the departure of Marcello Lippi. He is a tough and serious boss.

"Right now Capello is trying to understand us and we are trying to understand him. He is a tactician who works hard but says very little."

Ferrara was also asked to comment on Alex Del Piero’s disappointing Euro campaign and the confirmation of David Trezeguet.

"Does Alex risk losing his place? We all do because that is what happens when a new Coach arrives," continued Ferrara.

"I hope that he is motivated for the new season. It’s a shame that he was so heavily criticised for Italy’s disappointing tournament.

"As for David, I’m happy that he is staying. It is a better option to keep Trezeguet rather than sign Christian Vieri."

There was a real possibility that Ferrara could have left Juventus to aid Lippi with the national side. "I spoke with him but I want to be a player for one more season," he explained.

"We’ll see what happens, even if I already have a contract agreed with Juve to become a director once I do stop playing."

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
Damn didn't know that Del Piero was so critised.
Well, he deserve's it, he is the best payed player in Serie A but he plays like he's 40
I thought Vieri was highest payed player in Italy.

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
for me del piero is like a god, but his performance at the em 2004 was a shame !

no more italy for del piero ! we need hungry players like cassano in the national team ! vieri ? forget him !

new squadra azzurra:

buffon
oddo, nesta, cannavaro, zambrotta
gattuso, ?, pirlo, totti
gilardino, cassano

to cannavaro:
i like him very much and hope that he will join us, but i think he will stay ! with cannavaro, oddo and jankulovski we would have one of the strongest defense all arround the world

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
To be honest, I highly doubt we will see Cannavaro here next season. Capello saw a very good Thuram at the Euro, who played in the centre and Cannavaro together with Thuram, wouldn't be a good pair. Both are not the youngest, not the best header and not the quickest.
IMO Legrottaglie, if he can recover from his little injuries and regain the form he had at Chievo (damn, he was so good back than), could be the perfect partner for Thuram. If Oddo arrives, we will have a great defense and I think that Capello knows that.

However, it will depend on Capello. If he thinks that Legro can do the job, I highly doubt any defender will arrive, but if he is not convinced about Legro, we should see a new defender.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd prefer a long term replacement obviously,but cannavaro's the sort of player who'll play at the highest level till he's at least 34 so age shouldn't be that big a problem.

but i seriously don't see him leaving.he's a nerazzuri ffs.inter don't need to sell anyone,much less one of their best defenders.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delbecko ] ++
for me del piero is like a god, but his performance at the em 2004 was a shame !

no more italy for del piero ! we need hungry players like cassano in the national team ! vieri ? forget him !

new squadra azzurra:

buffon
oddo, nesta, cannavaro, zambrotta
gattuso, ?, pirlo, totti
gilardino, cassano

to cannavaro:
i like him very much and hope that he will join us, but i think he will stay ! with cannavaro, oddo and jankulovski we would have one of the strongest defense all arround the world
Lol , hehehe,

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I don't think Thuram was that good in Euro, but as Capello said, he'll play as CB... He's partner will be Legro or Tudor if we play 4-4-2... If we play 3-5-2, then we really should buy Cannavaro...

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I think capello wants this next season (or at least if i were him i would choose:

---------gigi----------

--thuram--legro---zebina

-----------Emerson----------

-Zambrotta-----------------------Jankulovski

---------------Dp------------------------
----------------------------------Nedved--------
--------------------Di viao---------Trez

Play DP in an attacking midfield role. Nedved free roamer on the left attack mifield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)