Ferrara in Cannavaro call (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
nah sorry for laughing, but at the moment, we would have to splash major cash to sign him

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
I don't think Thuram was that good in Euro, but as Capello said, he'll play as CB... He's partner will be Legro or Tudor if we play 4-4-2... If we play 3-5-2, then we really should buy Cannavaro...
Well Thuram was not GREAT, but he was solid and didn't make any errors.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
id rather get Chivu than Cannavaro. di Vaio for Cannavaro sounds good, but then i feel that our defence will just be too old again. we are making quick fixes instead of future ones.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
But it's worrying, isn't it... I mean the fact that it will probably be Thuram-Legro partnership in the middle... I surely hope that they'll be better than last year...

Jul 28, 2002
yeah ok torres :cheesy:

miccoli and trez will do...or even the eternal dp....wingers imo are more needed then the asonomically expensive torres.

Jul 28, 2002
u i kno i would try dp in a playmaker role, cos he doesnt have the best streek of form , the new position may give him a new spark.

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
Yeah but in the line up I was replying too dp was a midfielder.. Miccoli and trez.. ok
agree
i've been enough for DP, but when i consider his contribution to juve in past, i'd still prefer juve to keep him but only if he agrees to play in a deeper role in midfield.

Jul 28, 2002
not only agree but hine well...he has the attributes, its jus he never really looks like he wants to.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
he's said that he doesn't want to play in that position(in midfield) but during games he does sit deep and wander to the left alot.

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
u i kno i would try dp in a playmaker role, cos he doesnt have the best streek of form , the new position may give him a new spark.
Ok he hasn't been on the best of form lately: but lets not forget just how good he was in the 96-97 season. Surely this bad run of form since then will end soon.

DP can't be the creative force in midfield that we need, he just ain't good enough. Nice eyes though.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
he's not the player he once was,we all know that.and he doesn't have to be the player everyone looks to to change a game or anything-just to do his job and give us that occaisional piece of genius and brilliance from his younger years.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I really can't understand all that DP critic in here!
He started that season soooo well, was our best player, and than was unlucky as he got injured. Not his fault. He came back, had a bad game, but in the next one, against Parma, he scored a goal and assisted one, and also scored against Olympiakos. After some good performances he again got injured. Again not his fault. But he again came back in form, and even convinced Trap to pick him for EURO. And at EURO he has not been bad. In the first game, every Italien player, beside Cannavaro and Buffon, was weak. In the second, he was Italy's MVP together with Cassano, and against Bulgaria he was unlucky, but played good.

I am 100% sure, that he will shine next season, if he won't get injured again. He hasn't changed, but his health did, and he will always depend on his health.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I am 100% sure, that he will shine next season, if he won't get injured again. He hasn't changed, but his health did, and he will always depend on his health.
That is the critical factor. Let's hope he stays fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)