Fernando Torres (1 Viewer)

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
NOU CAMP GOALS SIGNAL RUSH TO SIGN 'EL NIÑO'

After his two goals gave Atlético Madrid victory away to Barcelona at the weekend, Fernando Torres has been the focus of renewed interest from Europe's top clubs.

The Spanish international has two years of his contract at the Calderón to run. An offer of 40 million Euros upwards would tempt club president Cerezo to part with Atléti's favourite son, although he has repeatedly stated that he does not want to sell the striker at any cost. Torres turns twenty-two in March and wants to play European football.

Chelsea has reportedly put a sum in the region of 40 million Euros on the table with a view to a summer swoop with Blues manager José Mourinho known to be a keen admirer.

Tottenham Hotspur have offered 30 million Euros while Newcastle failed with a 38 million Euro bid last summer. Torres has said that if he left his beloved hometown club then English football is very attractive to him.

AC Milan and Juventus in Italy are also keeping tabs on the situation. Juve in particular would have the necessary finances to secure the signing if their star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, linked with a summer move to Real Madrid, decides to leave.

So what do you guys think of him?personally he's on of my favourite strikers, and if the deal with Real would really happen(which i wouldn't exactly like), I'd love to see him wear the bianconeri shirt.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juno

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    So I guess you guys don't think he's overrated :)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

What about Del Piero - Torres? :p

We should get Cassano along while giving zlatan to Madrid. Cassano - Torres, now thats something.

OP
    Juno

Juno

Escape Artist
    Apr 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Ramin said:

What about Del Piero - Torres? :p

We should get Cassano along while giving zlatan to Madrid. Cassano - Torres, now thats something.

Zlatan owns Cassano every day of the week.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Juno said:
    Zlatan owns Cassano every day of the week.
    No he doesn't. Cassano is vastly more aware of position and much more intelligent with the ball, while Zlatan keeps on dribbling untill somebody takes the ball away from him, and his flicks with the ball irritate the hell out of me. The only thing that Zlatan is better at than Cassano is his physical strength.

Mozart

F*ck the media
    Feb 3, 2006
    i dont know i find torres selfish(like ronaldo(real madrid))..if he has the chance to shoot from a tight angle(which he wont score) or pass it to a teammate where he could score...he would shoot..am not doubting his talent though....he is 1 hell of a player...and his only 21...but i would prefer a teamplayer..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I'm very tired of Zlatan. He is so clumsy, miss open goals and just not a good teamplayer. I hope he gets back to form, or we will see what happens.

I know that a Cassano on form is really really good. Perhaps better than Zlatan?

Del Piero -- Trezeguet -- Cassano :drool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    The money from an Ibrahimovic transfer could be much better spent than splurging it on Torres. He's a brilliant player, no doubt, but we have no need for so many first team forwards and a cheap replacement would do for the bench; at any rate Mutu's as good a backup player as they come.

Jul 12, 2002
    Zlatan said:
    Imagine what would be even more perfect: a Zlatan - Torres partnership :drool:
    Indeed. They both have good height, and they'd compliment each other perfectly. Torres has great pace and finishing ability, whereas Zlatan has good passing and vision. Unfortunately, you've got to consider that Torres would not pann out in Italy, as with many other Spanish forwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)