Fernando Torres - ST - Chelsea (4 Viewers)

Torres to Juve on loan + option to buy?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
investing more than 5mils on Torres would be a horrible idea, he has failed abroad, he can only score at wide open defenses (Spain) a 1000% failure in Italy.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Knowing our cheap ass management won't buy a quality striker anyway I see no harm in a loan + buy option.

I'd even be willing to sign him for 7-10m.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Absolutely not. We need assurances up front, and Torres right now is anything but.

Too big a gamble.

-edit. Just noticed the poll was for a loan. Only if it's free.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Loan + Option is worth it. As long as it's not an obligation, and we won't be forced to pay megabucks for his services, then it's a gamble, but a risk well worth taking. Spend another 30 Million or so for a player like Suarez/Jojo and we are set in the attacking department.

Ideally, if we could get Dzeko on loan (even with an obligation to buy), we should definitely take that option over Torres. Obviously, the acquisition of a Suarez/Jojo should be non negotiable.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Put yourself in Chelsea's shoes. Would you sell Torres for a dirt cheap price? Of coarse not.

(1) First you would try to get a deal with one of the new rich teams (Anzhi, PSG or malaga or some shit) for a high price.. lets say 30+ Euros.

(2) If/when that fails, you will try to get him a deal with any top team on a loan + option to buy (for a high price in case he explodes and returns to form. Chelsea will most likely contribute to the wage)

(3) If that doesnt work as well, you will try really hard to give him as many chances in your team maybe he rediscovers his form under the new coach's guidance.
(4) By January, if he didnt take any of his chances and the new coach fails with him too then you'd consider selling him for 15 mills or less.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
Put yourself in Chelsea's shoes. Would you sell Torres for a dirt cheap price? Of coarse not.

(1) First you would try to get a deal with one of the new rich teams (Anzhi, PSG or malaga or some shit) for a high price.. lets say 30+ Euros.

(2) If/when that fails, you will try to get him a deal with any top team on a loan + option to buy (for a high price in case he explodes and returns to form. Chelsea will most likely contribute to the wage)

(3) If that doesnt work as well, you will try really hard to give him as many chances in your team maybe he rediscovers his form under the new coach's guidance.
(4) By January, if he didnt take any of his chances and the new coach fails with him too then you'd consider selling him for 15 mills or less.
A Torres that fails out on loan for a season then half a season back at Chelsea again will not go for 15m

Apr 29, 2006
People here went MAD! Not wanting Torres? :shutup:
'Would prefer Dzeko, he is a safer bet'
WTF?... 'Nah... I'd just take two Messi's for the wings and one Aguero for di bench.'
'Torres not a safe bet to loan' or 'Too much of a gamble' ... these are epic proclamations. :claire: We spent 15 mils if not more on Matatatri and he wasn't exactly a goalscorer back then. Neither was he young. Should I remind anyone the currently loaned striker around Juventus: LOANED IN: BORRIELLO , LOANED OUT: AMAURI. It is a real shame to add Torres to that list full of deadly finishers... he is too much of a gamble... ahhahahahahah. Some of the peeps here should change meds or even the doctor. ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People here went MAD! Not wanting Torres? :shutup:
'Would prefer Dzeko, he is a safer bet'
WTF?... 'Nah... I'd just take two Messi's for the wings and one Aguero for di bench.'
'Torres not a safe bet to loan' or 'Too much of a gamble' ... these are epic proclamations. :claire: We spent 15 mils if not more on Matatatri and he wasn't exactly a goalscorer back then. Neither was he young. Should I remind anyone the currently loaned striker around Juventus: LOANED IN: BORRIELLO , LOANED OUT: AMAURI. It is a real shame to add Torres to that list full of deadly finishers... he is too much of a gamble... ahhahahahahah. Some of the peeps here should change meds or even the doctor. ;)
i would never sign torrez right out,considering how he play's now

loan + OPTION to buy, i sure would

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
I watch Torres week in week out, and the only thing missing from his game is finishing. He does everything, runs behind the defence, tracking back, crosses, through balls etc..But he lacks the confidence of taking a shot. Also, he needs someone playing in behind him to get the best out of him, like Gerrard at Liverpool. At Chelsea, we play 433 and that doesn't suit him. I won't shed a tear when he leaves, but I'll be very disappointed with him, considering Roman paid 50M for him, plus 180k a week wages.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I watch Torres week in week out, and the only thing missing from his game is finishing. He does everything, runs behind the defence, tracking back, crosses, through balls etc..But he lacks the confidence of taking a shot. Also, he needs someone playing in behind him to get the best out of him, like Gerrard at Liverpool. At Chelsea, we play 433 and that doesn't suit him. I won't shed a tear when he leaves, but I'll be very disappointed with him, considering Roman paid 50M for him, plus 180k a week wages.
Looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence too (naturally). I don't watch Chelsea often mind you. I watched Chelsea in CL though and he wasn't terrible apart from the finishing of course.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Chelsea fan, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)