Fernando Torres - ST - Chelsea (2 Viewers)

Torres to Juve on loan + option to buy?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Anything over a 15 million bid should be channelized towards Gonzalo, Luis or Jovetic. Fernando will continue to struggle till he gets some continuity, and I'd trust Vucinic, Matri and Quag ahead of him even if we made this move. I'll pass.
i like our current vucinic-matri-pepe

if we are to change that, we should get a replacement for pepe that offers simular pressing and workload, but with endproduct justifying the cost

or, get a strong midfield replacement for pirlo (like DDR) so we can put what we want at pepe's spot, but still the endproduct must justify the cost
since its unlikely we get a player of this quality, i'll go for option 1

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
i like our current vucinic-matri-pepe

if we are to change that, we should get a replacement for pepe that offers simular pressing and workload, but with endproduct justifying the cost

or, get a strong midfield replacement for pirlo (like DDR) so we can put what we want at pepe's spot, but still the endproduct must justify the cost
since its unlikely we get a player of this quality, i'll go for option 1
Vucinic Matri Pepe is not going to cut it two matches a week, one of which will be against the kind of opposition we haven't faced for two years now, so don't know how we'd measure up. A European level striker will help.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So they could "learn English" or some such nonsense.
Nonsense? I thought it made perfect sense. His wife is American and the best way to let your kids learn English while still playing football at a high level without leaving money on the table is to move to England. Also, her husband gets to learn better English in the process :D Never understood how they communicate.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This transfer would be more of a gamble than people think. If it came off the benefits would be huge.
:agree:

Clearly, it would depend on the cost of a deal, but I suspect I would consider it too big a gamble - despite the huge rewards if it came off.

I just don't see Torres getting back to anything like his previous levels.

May 22, 2007
His current salary is ~€10m a year after tax (close to double that before). Price tag of about €25m perhaps. If he doesn't fix (lets not ignore that he's not looked close to his best in a while), Juve would be stuck with a large contract for a long time.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
His current salary is ~€10m a year after tax (close to double that before). Price tag of about €25m perhaps. If he doesn't fix (lets not ignore that he's not looked close to his best in a while), Juve would be stuck with a large contract for a long time.
Well obviously he won't be getting that kinda money anywhere in the world if he keeps struggling.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We're not going to tempt him away by offering a significant decrease on what he currently gets? He'd just stay at Chelsea...
He will lose his spot in Chelsea though and unless he's Amauri who has never seen money before then I think Torres would want to leave if Chelsea wants to get rid of him. I don't see him sitting on the bench just to collect his money.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Nonsense? I thought it made perfect sense. His wife is American and the best way to let your kids learn English while still playing football at a high level without leaving money on the table is to move to England. Also, her husband gets to learn better English in the process :D Never understood how they communicate.
Nonsense in that it was obvious he wasn't leaving for the language. Roman had been courting him for a long while.

May 22, 2007
He will lose his spot in Chelsea though and unless he's Amauri who has never seen money before then I think Torres would want to leave if Chelsea wants to get rid of him. I don't see him sitting on the bench just to collect his money.
I could see him staying at a team that is already giving him one of the highest wages worldwide to fight for a first team place, instead of taking a pretty big salary cut.

Lets see if they make him train with the youth team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)