Fernando Llorente (27 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
On the bright side we're saving up 18m gross salary of his. Solution like this is never satisfying but meh, I won't complain about this one. Instead of keeping him for the sake of it we saved up almost 20m that can be used in a better way. Thanks for everything Nando and wish you luck.

Hopefully they take Isla off our hands too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm trying to seek an explenation on why we did this. Wanting to get his huge wages off our book was evident at the start of the summer. Seems we took drastic measures to do that
The only explanations is that Marotta cannot sell properly. But of course you will not even recognise that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"23 goals over last 2 seasons" :touched: Suns :touched: lets completely ignore the fact that he was terrible the entire last season. he couldnt even keep the ball for more than 2 seconds yet alone complete a pass. even after that, we still received a great offer for him from Monaco (10-12M) but he didnt want to go there. England was no option either, only Spain. but hey, Marotta cant sell. should have accepted the offer from Monaco and hired the mafia to threaten Llorente to go to Monaco. what a failure

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The only explanations is that Marotta cannot sell properly. But of course you will not even recognise that.
Giaccherini, Matri, Vucinic, Peluso, Quagliarella, Ogbonna, Vidal

Nope he cant sell. Because you know how to sell a striker that only wants spain and is on 4.5 mil wages

Tell me Jack, what spanish team can afford 4.5 mil wages + a good fee for llorente, and would be interested ?

Cause i cant think of anyone

- - - Updated - - -

"23 goals over last 2 seasons" :touched: Suns :touched: lets completely ignore the fact that he was terrible the entire last season. he couldnt even keep the ball for more than 2 seconds yet alone complete a pass. even after that, we still received a great offer for him from Monaco (10-12M) but he didnt want to go there. England was no option either, only Spain. but hey, Marotta cant sell. should have accepted the offer from Monaco and hired the mafia to threaten Llorente to go to Monaco. what a failure
WHo was it with the signature "the defender llorente is having an excellent game, taking the ball and giving it to his teammates with short simple passes" ?

Thats how "good" he was. Nearly all his goals were from his first season

THA

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm pretty pissed that we couldn't get a transfer fee for him, although I can see the logic behind it. It's simply to do with the wages, we are saving about €20m.

Potential scenarios from best to worst:

1st scenario - someone pays his transfer value (about €10m-€12m), plus salary released (includes loan with obligation for this figure)
2nd scenario - someone pays a nominal fee for him (€5m of whatever), salary released (includes loan with obligation for this figure)
3rd scenario - someone takes him on a dry loan and pays his salary
4th scenario - someone takes him on a free transfer, plus salary released
5th scenario - someone takes him on a dry loan and pays part of his salary
6th scenario - he stays here and we continue to pay his salary, he plays very little
7th scenario - he stays here and we pay his salary, he goes full Iaquinta for two years

The first two are great, the last two are horrible, but it's just about the salary with this guy. It does make the Zaza signing even more bizarre, however. We have a scattergun approach to the mercato and are signing in form or talented players because they are available to us.

In the end you sell for what a team is prepared to pay, you can't force their hand. West Ham paid €11m for Ogbonna because they could and are dumb, same with Milan for Matri, if there was different levels of interest in those players the prices could be completely different.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Giaccherini, Matri, Vucinic, Peluso, Quagliarella, Ogbonna, Vidal

Nope he cant sell. Because you know how to sell a striker that only wants spain and is on 4.5 mil wages

Tell me Jack, what spanish team can afford 4.5 mil wages + a good fee for llorente, and would be interested ?

Cause i cant think of anyone
Vidal for 37 M€ and you will see how Bayern and all of Europe will laugh at us when he takes the CL by storm.

Tevez nothing
Pirlo nothing
Llorente nothing
Diego peanuts
Melo loaned and loaned and loaned and lost for free
Isla is taking Melo's path
Pazienza

We did not make profit neither on Matri nor Peluso.

Llorente for free is a desperate move, it has panic all over it but let's praise Marotta for it because he is fault free. Not a single mistake ever!

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
At the end of the day we're cutting the loss massively here. Why pay him 20m over two years for sitting on the bench? It could be he'd be blocking our moves we're yet to do an the time is running out you know.

It's business and 20m is no joke. We all know we can't afford to waste money like that just to prove a point.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Vidal for 37 M€ and you will see how Bayern and all of Europe will laugh at us when he takes the CL by storm.

Tevez nothing
Pirlo nothing
Llorente nothing
Diego peanuts
Melo loaned and loaned and loaned and lost for free
Isla is taking Melo's path
Pazienza

We did not make profit neither on Matri nor Peluso.

Llorente for free is a desperate move, it has panic all over it but let's praise Marotta for it because he is fault free. Not a single mistake ever!
Oh jack, you silly man

Tevez wanted to go to Boca, poor as shit. What are you going to do ? We all know Tevez. He'll just stay in argentina if we say no. He forced us into this deal
Pirlo was worth nothing.
Diego was sold at a loss, but his market value never rose to the price we sold him off. So thats not bad
Melo is a player nobody wanted except some crazy turks.
Isla is dogshit bad and nobody is interested
We sold pazienza at a profit, and seriously, who ?
Why would we have to sell matri at a profit ? Please, i'd like to hear an explenation for this. We got 11 mil when he was obsolete for us. I think you were one of those who were laughing their ass off that milan paid so much for matri
Peluso was sold about the same price as we bought him for
Vidal wanted to go to bayern, and he was sold at a price that is acceptable for vidal at that point of time.

Llorente for free is not ideal no. Desperate move can somewhat describe it. We could not find a buyer so now we do this instead.

You still need to answer my question. Who could have afforded llorente ?

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day we're cutting the loss massively here. Why pay him 20m over two years for sitting on the bench? It could be he'd be blocking our moves we're yet to do an the time is running out you know.

It's business and 20m is no joke. We all know we can't afford to waste money like that just to prove a point.
I really dont see the fuzz

its sad that we couldnt sell him. So we do this instead, wich is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)