Fernando Llorente (235 Viewers)

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Life is not wishful-thinking, if there's no market to sell Llorente with his massive salary for 6-7m, than there is no market and nothing to do from the management point of view. We tried to sell him for a fee for over 2 months, there is nothing more that can be done. Just because you wish it would be different on an emotional level, doesn't mean Marotta can get other clubs to do what he wants. There were two options available: One was releasing Llorente the way we did, getting him from our salary list and the other option was to keep him. And who knows if Llorente still would have been in demand by Sevilla a year from now. If you are for keeping Llorente fine, criticize Marotta, if you are not, he did the right thing. He tried to get a fee for months, it's not like he didn't try, it's not like he didn't wait for an actual offer to arrive.

This situation is a great example of how doing the actual work as Marotta does differs from complaining on the internet about how you would do it, the second group consistently fails to be realistic and pragmatic in their thinking.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thanks brother, this transfer window has been fast moving one. I'm used to the old school slow moving transfer windows. Lol

How times have changed :D
it really is :D Marotta decided to put on a show for the whole world. cant remember the last time i enjoyed a mercato this much. definitely gonna miss all this drama when it ends in a few days

Jul 2, 2006
I think we did the lad a favor if true, for waiting a year on the bench for us, for aiding with Morata's settling period here despite knowing he was going to push him out of the 1st eleven. Still we shouldve made some money.

Good luck Nando, a true gentleman.
Will you return to reality and stop making excuses for this unexplainable and scandalous deal?

Mar 4, 2007
it really is :D Marotta decided to put on a show for the whole world. cant remember the last time i enjoyed a mercato this much. definitely gonna miss all this drama when it ends in a few days
What if it ends with no Vidal replacement and no world class AM. :D At least a decent AM will make this mercato a great one for me.

Nando another fallen hero.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so great to to not see him here anymore.

that said though, what's with this current juve and not keeping forwards?

matri? 2 years and 1 year on loan

quag? 3 years

llorente? 2 years

tevez? 2 years

giovinco? 2.5 years

morata is so leaving next year

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
I think we did the lad a favor if true, for waiting a year on the bench for us, for aiding with Morata's settling period here despite knowing he was going to push him out of the 1st eleven. Still we shouldve made some money.

Good luck Nando, a true gentleman.
I agree and if we did let him go for free, if anyone Nando deserves it

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What if it ends with no Vidal replacement and no world class AM. :D At least a decent AM will make this mercato a great one for me.

Nando another fallen hero.
i think we are preparing another transfer. problem is, no one knows who it will be. could be anyone, from Draxler, Eriksen, Witsel to Saponara, Montolivo.
but in the end, watch us get Ibrahimovic on loan with PSG paying half his wages :beppe:

i hated Nando in most of last seasons games but im still gonna miss the tall fella. not during any of our games for sure though :D

Mar 4, 2007
i think we are preparing another transfer. problem is, no one knows who it will be. could be anyone, from Draxler, Eriksen, Witsel to Saponara, Montolivo.
but in the end, watch us get Ibrahimovic on loan with PSG paying half his wages :beppe:

i hated Nando in most of last seasons games but im still gonna miss the tall fella. not during any of our games for sure though :D
Let's hope we get our AM and good luck to Nando. And no to the Zingaro please ( spell check) :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I agree and if we did let him go for free, if anyone Nando deserves it
yeah, if it was his wish to go to Sevilla then im happy we granted him his wish. they sold Bacca and i can see him being a starter there over Immobile easily and maybe even get to his best form again.

there is still the possibility that we will get more money for Isla from them due to giving Nando away for free (like for the books and not having to make a loss on either of them) so i want to wait for both deals to be officially announced to see how we handled this

Oct 23, 2011
Letting him go for free is absolutely ridiculous. Not even in fucking amateur leagues are players making transfers for free, let alone a well established, reliable striker who scored 20+ goals in two seasons while he wasn't even a regular starter. Despite strengthening our side in different departments and even with the acquisition of a nr.10, this mercato and summer has been a unorganized mess from a managerial point of view. Absolutely unacceptable stuff from a club that was close winning the treble.

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
yeah, if it was his wish to go to Sevilla then im happy we granted him his wish. they sold Bacca and i can see him being a starter there over Immobile easily and maybe even get to his best form again.

there is still the possibility that we will get more money for Isla from them due to giving Nando away for free (like for the books and not having to make a loss on either of them) so i want to wait for both deals to be officially announced to see how we handled this
Very well said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 234)