Fernando Llorente (24 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Not to mention that if we're playing a wing-based formation now we'd maybe have been better keeping Llorente and I'd now see signing Zaza (with hindsight of course) as a blunder.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sometimes its quite pathetic to be honest. Its like an insta-response to whatever marotta related.

I love marotta, i really like his signings (most of them)...but releasing players like llorente and tevez for free.... is not good, no matter how you put it.
I have to agree with you, they are a pre-programmed app that auto reply each time someone says anything about Marotta.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Come on @Hustini we got him for free because he was out of contract. Not getting any money from the sale of Llorente is a terrible piece of business. The situation with Tevez was different and we at least managed to negotiate a few young players out of it, but we've just given away a player who has had 90 appearances with us over the past two seasons.
The problem with this,, is that in the same way marotta "hardballs" and "pennypinch".... teams have noticed that he is vulnerable to his very own tactic...and do the same to us but worse.

Our bad or regular signings end being released for free. We are setting a trend for this...and everytime we have a player we dont want..we will have to give him for free because we get lowballed?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This is all about freeing up those wages, which were way, WAY too high for someone who is way down the pecking order for the strikers.

They paid nothing for him, so the only thing that was lost were wages for the past two years, which happens with every single player that gets signed.

I wish him the best of luck. The guy risked a year of his career to wait for us, and was the epitome of class and grace, especially during these last 12 months. Thank you for everything Nando, especially that first year with us. It would be easy for me to say that I wish everyone on this club had your dignity. Thankfully, all of them already do.
:tup:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
does a chilean international under contract cost nothing?...
an unneeded player under contract might be released. that's a common practice. otherwise it can easily turn into an other amauri kind of saga. just look at what happened to dida at meelan: he was on a high salary, the club wanted to sell, the player opted to sit out his contract on the stands. not exactly a desirable outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)