Fernando Llorente (28 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Sevilla are also in CL, could see Nando agreeing to join them, but if they waited this long after loaning Immobiles chances we will get a shitty offer. Hopefully its close to that 10mil reported.

Arsene should renew his interest. Could easily bench Giroud.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
3 Players that Allegri couldn't get to perform at any level close to how they did under Conte. Pirlo, Llorente and Vidal.
Pirlo continue'd his decline from conte's last season

Vidal came of an injury and needed time to improve. He was back on his defensive game against real madrid

Llorente is correct. Tho not sure if that was allegri's fault. Its not like Conte deployed wingers delivering tons of crosses

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

Vidal came of an injury and needed time to improve. He was back on his defensive game against real madrid

Llorente is correct. Tho not sure if that was allegri's fault. Its not like Conte deployed wingers delivering tons of crosses
I agree but we coudn't get Llorente to perform simply because under Conte we always pressured the other team leaving our cbs on the midfield line while with Allegri we rely more on counterattack. That way it's obvious that Llorente can't perform if he is 30-35 meters away from the other team keeper. HE is no runner like Morata. He can hold up the ball and let the team advance but that's useless where Allegri makes us play.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With llorente I think it was more down to him rather than tactics alone. Yes there was a tactical shift, but most of his shortcomings were most likely from poor ball control and the lot of bad decitions and errors he made per game.

He lifted his game a lot by endseason but it was too little too late.
which is good. if a player as slow, static and passive with the ball as Llorente is is part of your tactical plan, then i rather change it. Llorente not working under Allegris tactics is a good thing to me

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Allegri's system basically put Llorente all alone up front with Tevez being further away. Worked like a charm for Tevez, not so much for Llorente. I'd take that as a win, as much as Iike Llorente.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
True and Llorente well maybe he isn't that good and only had a surprise season.
Llorente's very subpar displays had a lot to do with the tactics imo, left him much more isolated up front.

Of course, the same change in tactics meant that Tevez reached an even higher level at the same time, so it was definitely a good decision. Also, once Llorente had lost his form and confidence, he certainly played rather badly even taking into account that our set-up wasn't suiting him.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
icemaη;5053307 said:
Allegri's system basically put Llorente all alone up front with Tevez being further away. Worked like a charm for Tevez, not so much for Llorente. I'd take that as a win, as much as Iike Llorente.
This! More freeeeedom for Carlitos, less support for Nando, it was definitely the way to go.

Llorente is a great guy, hopefully Beppe can find a nice situation to get him solid minutes.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Llorente's very subpar displays had a lot to do with the tactics imo, left him much more isolated up front.

Of course, the same change in tactics meant that Tevez reached an even higher level at the same time, so it was definitely a good decision. Also, once Llorente had lost his form and confidence, he certainly played rather badly even taking into account that our set-up wasn't suiting him.
This sums it up.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Tactics definitely never helped him, I still think that if he spent the last couple of years with a great winger either side of him, he'd have been a real player.

But he's been so shit for long periods, and tactics or not, some of the failed passes and failed control etc etc were inexcusable. As a result his confidence died too. He's not good enough for a club like us to build an attack around, not even close. So he needs to go ASAP.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
icemaη;5053307 said:
Yep, we also moved a bit quicker, more counters etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)