Fernando Llorente (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
you mean crosses. i understand that we don't have a good crosser :D
There's more to it than that.

He's great as a target man, but few teams will actually play in a fashion that makes use of that ability.

Juve did to some extent under Conte, with the way they looked to get in to the forwards quickly and get midfielders looking for lay-off or flick-ons, but under Allegri Juve didn't use the forwards like that and so that use part of Llorente's game was made virtually irrelevant.

Add to that the lack of crosses and you had Juve playing in a fashion that didn't use either of Llorente's key strengths and you start to see why Llorente last season was miles away from what he is capable of.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I'd have liked to think that with the wide variety of opinions we have on this forum that none of us would be so silly as to judge a player's ability on his performance in one season in one team. Llorente is clearly capable of being a very useful player with several useful (albeit very specific) skills as well as a professional manner and a strong mentality. Hopefully he'll pick his destination carefully with certain guarantees about style of play and will flourish. I think we'd all like to see him do well and see out his career with a solid reputation.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
That seemed to be what Conte really wanted, and so Llorente would have been his perfect centre forward. Obviously we never got wingers though and Conte found other ways to play to Llorente's strangths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)