Fernando Llorente (168 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Though your point is noted, it still doesn't answer the hate comment because no one (maybe except Lion :D) is hating. We have all been watching the games together all season long and most of us notice the poor performances he is producing. A couple critical goals don't suddenly eliminate 1/2 season of little end product.
As i stated some posts above, before Napoli he wasn't doing any better. I remember it very well, the meltdown around these parts and it wasn't until he scored against Madrid and Napoli that he shut everybody up. It took him several months to gain the trust of some skeptical people here.

And I've seen this all before, this *yes* hate. All it takes is a string of good matches and people here will suddenly praise him instead.

I won't discuss this any further. I'm with Allegri on this one, i'd start Llorente and only give Morata a chance if the older Spaniard is not up to par.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lakl

Mar 30, 2014
As i stated some posts above, before Napoli he wasn't doing any better. I remember it very well, the meltdown around these parts and it wasn't until he scored against Madrid and Napoli that he shut everybody up. It took him several months to gain the trust of some skeptical people here.

And I've seen this all before, this *yes* hate. All it takes is a string of good matches and people here will suddenly praise him instead.

I won't discuss this any further. I'm with Allegri on this one, i'd start Llorente and only give Morata a chance if the older Spaniard is not up to par.
I wont discuss. Let lion and Hustini critizase all nando does, they are real juve supporters

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

If Morata is producing more while adding more to our attack and Llorente is doing the exact opposite, how is that justified then?

- - - Updated - - -

I wont discuss. Let lion and Hustini critizase all nando does, they are real juve supporters
@Mark Whose DA is this?:D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i understand what CrimsonianKing is saying. Llorente is the type of player who, even when off form, can score from nothing and change the course of the game. he is similar to Pirlo in that regard who too when out of form, can do the same with a FK or a magic pass. but we also have to look at our opponent. Atletico defends in a way where all players are behind the ball in their own box most of the time. there is really very little space to create something. i fear a static player like Llorente would be too easy for them to defend against. Morata is more mobile, drifts out of the box sometimes, tries to dribble and create something to himself. he is also more dangerous in transition play which could be very important tomorrow. Llorente is the better finisher and he often scores out of 1-2 chances. but will he be able to get himself into these chances against such an Atletico defense? i think not. its Morata for me

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i understand what CrimsonianKing is saying. Llorente is the type of player who, even when off form, can score from nothing and change the course of the game. he is similar to Pirlo in that regard who too when out of form, can do the same with a FK or a magic pass. but we also have to look at our opponent. Atletico defends in a way where all players are behind the ball in their own box most of the time. there is really very little space to create something. i fear a static player like Llorente would be too easy for them to defend against. Morata is more mobile, drifts out of the box sometimes, tries to dribble and create something to himself. he is also more dangerous in transition play which could be very important tomorrow. Llorente is the better finisher and he often scores out of 1-2 chances. but will he be able to get himself into these chances against such an Atletico defense? i think not. its Morata for me
Z :sergio:

Pirlo can go games without scoring but offers a million other things that Nando can't even when NOT scoring for games. Huge difference there. Any player can suddenly score to change a game, but there are others that do it more often or we are used to having them do it more often but Llorente isn't that player so far this season.

Agree with you sentence though, Morata it is. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Good point on the static part of Llorente. That's another reason to bench him. Opposition teams see this and can deploy more coverage to players like Tevez making his job harder knowing Llorente won't do anything.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Z :sergio:

Pirlo can go games without scoring but offers a million other things that Nando can't even when NOT scoring for games. Huge difference there. Any player can suddenly score to change a game, but there are others that do it more often or we are used to having them do it more often but Llorente isn't that player so far this season.
i meant that Llorente, even when doing nothing all game, can score out of nothing and change the course of the game. thats where he is similar to Pirlo who too can do nothing all game and then hit a FK and get us a win. i agree that Llorente doesent do that much (or at all) this season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
first the excuse was llorente cant play in a 3-5-2. which is false because he played and scored 16 goals in 3-5-2 last season.

then it was he needs crosses to score. again false because last season and for bilbao he scored many goals that weren't headers.

soon the escuse will be it's allegri who cant get the best out of him. you cant count on that . people will resort to anything justify their ass kissing of this guy just to spite me. no one wants to admit i was right about him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
first the excuse was llorente cant play in a 3-5-2. which is false because he played and scored 16 goals in 3-5-2 last season.

then it was he needs crosses to score. again false because last season and for bilbao he scored many goals that weren't headers.

soon the escuse will be it's allegri who cant get the best out of him. you cant count on that . people will resort to anything justify their ass kissing of this guy just to spite me. no one wants to admit i was right about him.
BLOOM!

- - - Updated - - -

I got an ill feeling. Maybe when my thread opening powers expire or when I'm due for a forum upgrade I can have the powers to check for DA's. ::hustini2::

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The problem isn't that he is starting tomorrow. The problem is, that given his current form this year, and his appalling performance on Friday, he was kept in that match for 90+ minutes, offering absolutely nothing to the team, his hold-up play was bad, his first touch was bad, his positioning in attack was atrocious, his one chance at a header was pathetic, he gave the ball away too easily, etc. etc.

If Allegri was planning to start him against Atletico on Tuesday, which I am perfectly fine with, than he should have been sub'd out around the 60th minute for Morata, to see if Morata could run at the tired Viola defense and create something for us. Instead, he was kept in for the full deal, and now will be starting again 4 days later. That's a WTF in my book, and should be for anyone who is looking at this objectively. Morata's goals to minutes ratio is twice as good as Llorente's, he has pace, he can create chances, and he is young and brimming with talent. If Llorente is misfiring frequently, divvying up the minutes between them in a more equal, game for game kind of fashion should be what is going on, especially with our busy fixture list.

Again. I don't care if Llorente starts tomorrow if he hadn't played 90+ on Friday. It's the 90+ thing that irks me, and makes me think Allegri is totally incompetent. He should have rested Llorente and played Morata for at least 30 minutes, if not started him against the Viola, if he was planning on starting Llorente tomorrow.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013

Oh my, the contradiction :lol:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's not contradition.

when i said he will flop, i had a long term in mind.

what i am trying to say is that llorente is like a taco bell burrito. it my taste good at first, but it quickly turns into a horrible diarrhea

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
I was the first on who was right about him.
I compared him to he-who-should-not-be-named.

Then everyone told me I was wrong. Look at how he plays now.
Oh how right I was. I still am.
You're always wrong. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not contradition.

when i said he will flop, i had a long term in mind.

what i am trying to say is that llorente is like a taco bell burrito. it my taste good at first, but it quickly turns into a horrible diarrhea
Of course it is. You were on his ass for half a season and went in hiding with a tail between legs when he started scoring. Now that he's in a bad form again here you are saying you were right :lol: Get out of here.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i never hid.

i said when he scored those goals that i wmight have been wrong. a manly man such as i is not afraid to admit when he could be wrong.

but now seeing his current form it seems my prediction was right all along and you just cant stand seeing my glory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 168)