Fernando Llorente (71 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
llorente's shit form is also due to pogba's meh form as well.

pogba played quite a few crosses and passes to llorente last season that resulted in goals or goal chances, while so far he hasnt done much.

however llorente is still not good enough to play.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Starting Morata or Giovinco can't be any worse than the current output Llorente is offering. Might even give us a new edge that makes other teams second guest their tactics against us. Llorente right now is easy to mark and teams know that.
Giovinco would be worse because he'd do nothing and not even act as the focal point to draw defence as Llorente tends to do even when playing poorly.

I'm interested to see how Morata does starting a game against a packed defence. So far he has been coming on in situations where it was relatively easy to impress with the defences being tired and space being there (and the game already being won, in the case of the Atalanta game).

I'd also be interested to see if Tevez would continue to do as well without Llorente leading the line in front of him.

Perhaps Morata will do these things as well or better than Llorente, but it remains to be seen.

Quite happy for Morata to get his chance, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of people that fear switching to the 433 and how to incorporate Llorente have a vaild point. Maybe now its time to try something different and see how it goes?
Don't quite see the logic of that argument.

4-3-3 (4-2-1-2/4-3-2-1) would involve a main centre-forward with Tevez and someone else (Pereyra, possibly) playing around the centre-forward.

I don't see it as an argument that is pro- or anti-Llorente, really.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Never mind the other thread, I want the other Llorente back!

- - - Updated - - -

For real though could it be that the way the team is being set up now by Allegri the CF's role is slightly different to how it was under Conte? Conte loved big CFs as well and looked for them to win headers, keep possession and bring others into play. Fernando did that really well last year and he managed to score while doing it. Is he doing a better job this year of creating that space for others to use and therefore spending less time worrying about his own goals? I can think of a few Tevez plays and at least one goal where he ran into seemingly loads of space in the box. Space which perhaps wouldn't have been there had Llorente been positioned differently.

He does look gutted when he misses a chance, though. He is playing well even when not scoring and he looks like he understands how important he is to the team if still a little disappointed at himself right now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Needs to hit the bench. With injuries and out of form players, I'd start with a 4-3-3 against Sassuolo, with both Coman and Pereyra in the starting 11, and a midfield trio of Pogba, Marchisio, and Vidal. Pirlo to come on in the 70th minute.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Needs to hit the bench. With injuries and out of form players, I'd start with a 4-3-3 against Sassuolo, with both Coman and Pereyra in the starting 11, and a midfield trio of Pogba, Marchisio, and Vidal. Pirlo to come on in the 70th minute.
That sounds like a seriously strong team, dude! Who's our starting CF though? I take it you mean to start Coman up front? Morata is suspended and....wait...unless you want to start Giovinco as the focal point of our attack? ;)

Seriously though we might start with this over a 352. Do we even have three fit centre backs?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
i think it´s quite obvious that he is talking about coman - tevez - pereyra up front!?

chiellini - bonucci - ogbonna
Mentioned Giovinco because I know B81 is a big fat ha.....I mean he doesn't like Giovinco that much ;) Ogbonna slipped my mind somehow. I've been in bed ill for three days, cut me some slack bro :D

Back on topic - does anybody know how Llorente's seasons started with he was at Bilbao? Did he ever have a start where he came out all guns blazing?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Mentioned Giovinco because I know B81 is a big fat ha.....I mean he doesn't like Giovinco that much ;) Ogbonna slipped my mind somehow. I've been in bed ill for three days, cut me some slack bro :D

Back on topic - does anybody know how Llorente's seasons started with he was at Bilbao? Did he ever have a start where he came out all guns blazing?
You know the last thing I'd propose is starting Giovinco :D

As far as I'm concerned he should be in the stands :p :stuckup:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: :tup:

Llorente really needs to sit on the bench. We can't just keep playing him and hoping he regains form. Sassuolo are bottom of the table, and we should be willing to experiment and take risks against them, hence the 4-3-3 suggestion with both Pereyra and Coman given starting roles (and the fact that 2 of our CBs are out injured).

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i ignored his last season at bilbao because he was pretty much only sitting on the bench/in the stands. furthermore, i only looked at PD games to simplify matters:
11/12: 1 goal/0 assists in his first 5 games, 4g/1a in the next 5, 17g/1a in 32 PD games
10/11: 3g/1a, 4g/0a, 18g/6a in 38
09/10: 1g/0a, 0g/1a, 14g/6a in 37

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree: :tup:

Llorente really needs to sit on the bench. We can't just keep playing him and hoping he regains form. Sassuolo are bottom of the table, and we should be willing to experiment and take risks against them, hence the 4-3-3 suggestion with both Pereyra and Coman given starting roles (and the fact that 2 of our CBs are out injured).
@Bianconero_Aus

Sorry, B. :D

But we agree on Janice. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, reading that post I actually almost think I wrote it. :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm concerned he should be in the stands
Technically, when he isn't starting he already is.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Coman---Llorente----Gio against Sassuolo. Allegri DO EET.

My only complain with Llorente so far, is that he seems to have worst ball control than ever. I really dont mind if he is not scoring like a madman because, lets be sincere, he is getting shid service and we are not creating enought apart from long range shots by Tevez. But Llorente really is breaking plays and doing turnovers like a madman as of late. He seriously needs to stop that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Coman---Llorente----Gio against Sassuolo. Allegri DO EET.

My only complain with Llorente so far, is that he seems to have worst ball control than ever. I really dont mind if he is not scoring like a madman because, lets be sincere, he is getting shid service and we are not creating enought apart from long range shots by Tevez. But Llorente really is breaking plays and doing turnovers like a madman as of late. He seriously needs to stop that.
Starting a match two men down is never a good idea :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Football-Italia
Sassuolo, Llorente’s chance to shine

Fernando Llorente remains goalless this term and Luca Cetta says Juventus’ clash with Sassuolo represents a golden chance to break the shackles.

For Vicente del Bosque the decision to call Diego Costa ahead of Fernando Llorente for Spain’s recent internationals boiled down to confidence: “I cannot get into a focus on Llorente or anyone else. It is a matter of confidence, we are calling up those who we believe are the best.” If Llorente was unlucky not to make the World Cup squad despite his bagful of goals in Turin, Del Bosque had a point now.

It has been a difficult opening to the new season for the No 14, who remains goalless after six rounds of Serie A and two Champions League fixtures. There have been contributions, but worryingly Llorente has coasted through some matches with minimal impact. It’s not the output Juve require.

With Carlos Tevez given licence to roam by Massimiliano Allegri, it leaves Llorente more isolated in attack - Tevez: “I must admit I like my new position more” - and while Allegri says he does not like 'to provide many points of reference’, Llorente is one up front. Stats from WhoScored suggest he is more likely to hold the ball up and lay it off to a teammate or win a ball in the air this term than last. They also show Llorente simply hasn’t been firing in front of goal, his shot accuracy down on last term.

His return echoes back to the start of his Bianconeri career. It took until Round 4 to grab that breakthrough goal and another month for Llorente to really hit his straps. In between came rumours an unhappy Juve wanted an early separation from their Bosman signing. Forgetting the off-field drama Llorente worked hard to shake the cobwebs of a 2012-13 season in which he didn’t play with any regularity. Antonio Conte stuck by him and the goals flowed. El Rey Leon finished with 16 in Serie A and two in the Champions League, forming a deadly partnership with Tevez. He doesn’t look that player now.

This term there’s greater pressure on Llorente’s shoulders to perform and get amongst the goals, in the form of compatriot Alvaro Morata. The former Real Madrid striker is chomping at the bit to prove his worth, but the red card against Roma means he skips the weekend trip to Sassuolo. This gives the World Cup winner another chance to get the monkey off his back.

Llorente rediscovering his scoring touch would also take the burden off Tevez. Juve’s goals have come almost entirely from the boot of their Argentine magician. The Argentine has scored eight – six in Serie A and two in Europe – of Juve’s season total of 14. The only other striker to net has been Morata. And that productivity from midfield, so prevalent during Conte’s reign, has been missing – aside from Arturo Vidal’s brace against Cesena plus lone strikes from Claudio Marchisio and Stephen Lichtsteiner. It’s not something to cause a side which has won all six matches to panic, but they will not want to become reliant on Tevez.

That’s why the visit to Mapei Stadium is a big one for Llorente. The international break has given time to focus on a clash in which the Turin giants face a Neroverdi side holding Serie A’s third-worst defensive record. The cracks in Eusebio Di Francesco’s defence were evident against Lazio and it’s something the Bianconeri can exploit.

Curiously, lining up for Sassuolo will be Simone Zaza, the man who could be vying for a place in Allegri’s team next season. And for the Basque striker to change Del Bosque’s mind he knows the need to perform in Turin. “I hope this season to help the team with hard work and many goals. It’d be a dream to improve on the number of goals I scored last term,” he said last month.

In Reggio Emilia, Llorente has an opportunity to kick-start his season and prove he is the man to lead the Juventus attack.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He's going to suck yet again.

This thread has been a testament to my triumph. No longer do peasants dare defy the overlord. No longer are cries of @Lion heard again. Justice has prevailed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)