Fernando Llorente (17 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There isn't an issue with likening him to Amauri, it's the way you go about it.
Not to butt in here...:D...but I think saying he is Amauri 2.0 is more along the lines of saying we are seeing a very unpleasant yet similar situation evolving to that of what Amauri went through. Started strong, showed promise then sorta just dropped off the map. The poor guy has lost the plot and even his strength(s) aren't doing anything for the team at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Hustni has left the chat.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
am I the only one who read the title ' Fernano Llorente ( until the other one returns)' referring to his shit form Lol
after all his full name is FERNANDO TORRES Llorente :D

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
He is a great player period , every player has his own gloomy period ,
once he bangs goals for fun , you would eat your hat in the corner .
Dont hold your breath

- - - Updated - - -

Not to butt in here...:D...but I think saying he is Amauri 2.0 is more along the lines of saying we are seeing a very unpleasant yet similar situation evolving to that of what Amauri went through. Started strong, showed promise then sorta just dropped off the map. The poor guy has lost the plot and even his strength(s) aren't doing anything for the team at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Hustni has left the chat.
I thought calling him Amauri #2 was quite clear..what you said is spot on

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Doesn't matter how many players he has around them he still can't do shit when he has 1 player marking him. If he is the kind of player that excels with 0 players around him he should take up tennis or figure skating. I lost count how many times his Hee-Haw first touch let him down and how many balls he lost.

Tired of the excuses.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yes the excuses are ridiculous

"OMG HE HAS LIKE 5 PLAYERS ON HIM AT ALL TIMES"

Yeah... No he doesn't.

As for defenders staying tight to him... that excuse is disgusting. How shit would the opposition be if they didn't pay close attention to our attackers.

Might as well say "If Llorente was left alone he'd score 40 goals a season"

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't agree more, he is playing badly atm but the service he is getting is pretty poor.

Except he takes up crap positions in the box, it's hard to service Llorente when Licht cuts 50 balls back into the box every game and Llorente is behind 3 defenders and in the completely wrong area.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can understand the excuse of being marked closely in the box. Well, yes, that's because the guy is like 6'4 and has a history of scoring many goals with his head. But he has always been marked, so nothing has changed for him. Its not like the quality of defending suddenly took a major dip in quality since last year. Its pretty much the same defenders.

Second, if I was the opposition coach I'd simply have one player mark him closely when Juve look to play the ball into his feet. As soon as the ball is play get right on him and its almost certain in this form he will make a mistake or at least make a meal of it. There are more players marking Tevez but he drops so far back to get the ball, Llorente is on his own anyways up front .

As a defender, Llorente is the kind of striker I absolutely love to come up against. Predictable. Awkward.

Intelligent strikers like Inzaghi was are annoying to mark because they are always 1 step ahead of you mentally and on the pitch. Then there are strikers like Tevez who are tenacious and all over the place with quality on the ball. Dzeko as well, strikers like that can have a go just about anywhere inside the box or outside and that makes them harder to predict. I have yet to see Llorente take a shot outside the 18 yard box.

- - - Updated - - -

I just had a super-sized slurpie from 7-11 because I'm a Murican'. I dare anyone to challenge me with the amount of sugar in my system.

I'm in Marchisio vs Vidal circa 2011-2012 mode right now.

Come.At.Me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't get this place sometimes. I get supporting your player(s) when a dip in form but I think eventually the excuses need to stop.

Same things happened to Janet and Krasic. Their bright starts to their Juve career's I think delayed people into actually admitting they were taking a major turn for the worse. Janet had the excuses of "holds onto the ball and his strength helps draw defenders", etc. Krasic had the excuses of "give him time" if I'm not mistaken.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I can understand the excuse of being marked closely in the box. Well, yes, that's because the guy is like 6'4 and has a history of scoring many goals with his head. But he has always been marked, so nothing has changed for him. Its not like the quality of defending suddenly took a major dip in quality since last year. Its pretty much the same defenders.

Second, if I was the opposition coach I'd simply have one player mark him closely when Juve look to play the ball into his feet. As soon as the ball is play get right on him and its almost certain in this form he will make a mistake or at least make a meal of it. There are more players marking Tevez but he drops so far back to get the ball, Llorente is on his own anyways up front .

As a defender, Llorente is the kind of striker I absolutely love to come up against. Predictable. Awkward.

Intelligent strikers like Inzaghi was are annoying to mark because they are always 1 step ahead of you mentally and on the pitch. Then there are strikers like Tevez who are tenacious and all over the place with quality on the ball. Dzeko as well, strikers like that can have a go just about anywhere inside the box or outside and that makes them harder to predict. I have yet to see Llorente take a shot outside the 18 yard box.

- - - Updated - - -

I just had a super-sized slurpie from 7-11 because I'm a Murican'. I dare anyone to challenge me with the amount of sugar in my system.

I'm in Marchisio vs Vidal circa 2011-2012 mode right now.

Come.At.Me.
you mean you're wrong again? :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

The gift of a player like Llorente is that his physique allows him to do as he pleases in many cases, even when he is being marked. He doesn't have to out-think or trick his way past a marker - he can just plain bully him.

That means he is very dangerous if marked one-on-one.

Or, if a team focuses more than one player on him, he is creating more space for other players.

We all so how effective he could be last season.

We can all see that his form is not good this season, though I believe the game against Roma was his first genuinely poor performance. He'd made decent contributions in the other games, but he did little beyond disputing Juve's play against Roma.

My main complaint of Llorente this season is one that I don't think I've seen anyone else make, for all the complaints there have been about him this season: he is simply not moving well enough in the box. He is spending too much time waiting at the back post and behind defenders instead of trying to go and attack the ball and get in front of his marker.

Big players score a lot of goals by waiting for high balls to the back post, but you still have to vary your movement so as to avoid becoming too predictable and easy to mark.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you mean you're wrong again? :p
I figured people would get a kick out of the reference. :p

Thankfully, our future captain doesn't get caught in disciplinary action. :D

- - - Updated - - -

The gift of a player like Llorente is that his physique allows him to do as he pleases in many cases, even when he is being marked. He doesn't have to out-think or trick his way past a marker - he can just plain bully him.

That means he is very dangerous if marked one-on-one.

Or, if a team focuses more than one player on him, he is creating more space for other players.

We all so how effective he could be last season.

We can all see that his form is not good this season, though I believe the game against Roma was his first genuinely poor performance. He'd made decent contributions in the other games, but he did little beyond disputing Juve's play against Roma.

My main complaint of Llorente this season is one that I don't think I've seen anyone else make, for all the complaints there have been about him this season: he is simply not moving well enough in the box. He is spending too much time waiting at the back post and behind defenders instead of trying to go and attack the ball and get in front of his marker.

Big players score a lot of goals by waiting for high balls to the back post, but you still have to vary your movement so as to avoid becoming too predictable and easy to mark.
The only time I see him getting marked 1 v 1 consistently is well outside the box, where I personally don't think he is in anyway a threat especially when he has been struggling as of late with the ball at his feet.

In the box ESPECIALLY the 6 yard box it is very dangerous with him 1 v 1 and we see him do it all the time. (Recall the last game where he turned and shot the ball wide when in front of goal? Maybe that was Morata)

Agree with his movement in the box. Usually he at least gets himself in good position to get a decent header. His psychological game reminds me of Krasic when he started struggling. It was written all over his face.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The only time I see him getting marked 1 v 1 consistently is well outside the box, where I personally don't think he is in anyway a threat especially when he has been struggling as of late with the ball at his feet.

In the box ESPECIALLY the 6 yard box it is very dangerous with him 1 v 1 and we see him do it all the time. (Recall the last game where he turned and shot the ball wide when in front of goal? Maybe that was Morata)

Agree with his movement in the box. Usually he at least gets himself in good position to get a decent header. His psychological game reminds me of Krasic when he started struggling. It was written all over his face.
You need to acknowledge how much more Llorente has achieved in his pre-Juve career than Amauri and Krasic and therefore give the appropriate benefit of the doubt in terms of simply putting the current run down to poor form rather than anything more significant.

That was Llorente's seventh game of the season, I think. Hardly the point at which to overreact and discard a player as proven as he is, though I don't think anyone could or would object to Morata being given a chance (afte rhis suspension) at this point.

But I also know that very many people fundamentally oppose classic, old-fashioned, big centre-forwards like Llorente, so that influences their decision.

I have plenty of styles of player that bug me, so I'm not particularly criticising people for that dislike of Llorente's style of play.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You need to acknowledge how much more Llorente has achieved in his pre-Juve career than Amauri and Krasic and therefore give the appropriate benefit of the doubt in terms of simply putting the current run down to poor form rather than anything more significant.

That was Llorente's seventh game of the season, I think. Hardly the point at which to overreact and discard a player as proven as he is, though I don't think anyone could or would object to Morata being given a chance (afte rhis suspension) at this point.

But I also know that very many people fundamentally oppose classic, old-fashioned, big centre-forwards like Llorente, so that influences their decision.

I have plenty of styles of player that bug me, so I'm not particularly criticising people for that dislike of Llorente's style of play.
I don't discredit anything he has done pre-Juve. All I'm saying is its time for him to sit a few games from the bench and come in as a sub when possible. He needs to get his groove back because his current form is horrible.

I've always been a fan of classic big centre-forwards. I mean, HELLO: Dzeko :D

Starting Morata or Giovinco can't be any worse than the current output Llorente is offering. Might even give us a new edge that makes other teams second guest their tactics against us. Llorente right now is easy to mark and teams know that.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a lot of people that fear switching to the 433 and how to incorporate Llorente have a vaild point. Maybe now its time to try something different and see how it goes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)