Fernando Llorente (18 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It would seem very odd to me to spend so long chasing Llorente and then spend so long getting him fit, just to sell him after one season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tevez as a striker would negate us the possibility of crosses in the area.

Just for that, and because we are most likely going to enhance our wingplay...i would say a no go. Maybe for specific games that require certain tactics... but as a standard... i would not recommend.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think we might use that money to sign Sanchez and play Tevez as striker.

Sanchez-Tevez-Berardi

Prepare to fap :D
@Hustini
Tevez could easily play as striker in 4-3-3.
True but i just cant imagine finally getting the 4-4-3 going and then selling Nando who would be sooo good in that CF role with the improved service he would be getting.

with tevez as CF say goodbye to longballs and such. We're not exactly the most quick and creative around the box, is our attack going to be good enough to play like that? Llorente adds a whole new dimension to our play that has seen this team struggle at times without him...not sure we're ready to just pass up on something like that yet

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There's nothing odd about the potential profit.

I'm saying that based on clubs point of view.
Sure, but there's is a difference between being open to a sale at a good price (which is what goes for virtually all players) and being more actively interested in selling, which seems to be the suggestion here.

Juve would have to have a really outstanding transfer lined up to make me think that selling Llorente would be a good idea.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If Nandos sale is the only way we can move on from our lethargic 3-5-2 in Europe, then we have to.

But Immobile + Transfer funds should cover Sanchez. If not we can forget any dreams of doing anything but slowly declining.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
True but i just cant imagine finally getting the 4-4-3 going and then selling Nando who would be sooo good in that CF role with the improved service he would be getting.

with tevez as CF say goodbye to longballs and such. We're not exactly the most quick and creative around the box, is our attack going to be good enough to play like that?
Sure, but there's is a difference between being open to a sale at a good price (which is what goes for virtually all players) and being more actively interested in selling, which seems to be the suggestion here.

Juve would have to have a really outstanding transfer lined up to make me think that selling Llorente would be a good idea.
Don't forget that we're still talking about the possible change to 4-3-3. In that case we'd have a hard time lining both Llorente and Tevez, or in other words, it would be kind of impossible. Sure, we could rotate them, but it would be a pity to bench either of them -- in which case we'd look for a possible transfer -- if there's some good transfer opened up to begin with. At the moment, that seems to be Sanchez. Would it be good to sell Llorente in order to finance Sanchez? I don't know. It would be a pretty big change and I for one think that Llorente did quite well considering it's his first year here.

So, even if comes to his possible departure, I think we'd only do it so we can fit the new system more easily, since playing Tevez on the left would be meh.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Don't forget that we're still talking about the possible change to 4-3-3. In that case we'd have a hard time lining both Llorente and Tevez, or in other words, it would be kind of impossible. Sure, we could rotate them, but it would be a pity to bench either of them -- in which case we'd look for a possible -- if there's some good transfer opened up. At the moment, that seems to be Sanchez. Would it be good to sell Llorente in order to finance Sanchez? I don't know. It would be a pretty big change and I for one think that Llorente did quite well considering it's his first year here.

So, even if comes to his possible departure, I think we'd only do it so we can fit the new system more easily, since playing Tevez on the left would be meh.
This sums it up pretty much.

yes we need to variant from the 352, but not at the expense of our only tried and tested CF. Thats moronic. I would have agree with this if Inmobile came... but since thats not the case... its just a NO.

The only question left is where ti put Tevez. I would use him somewhere in the wings with some kind of free role wingplay. But he needs to be willing to adapt and i hope he does.

Destroying Serie A seems to not be so difficult for any proper forward... so if we can maintain and improve our current levels in serie A with a 433, and play better as a team (with more constant scoring chances) in Europe.... and im all for making him swtich to the wings. he is not the guy to go in Europe anyways, we all know that even when it hurts to admit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)