Fernando Llorente (5 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'll be very surprised if we sell Llorente.
Me too. It must be a hell o a deal, and we need to have a brilliant sucessor in mind.... because lets be sincere--- if we sell llorente and buy a flop striker.... we will be the laughing stock of everyone.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
We took him as free agent and he can sell him for 20m. THE DEAL. If we buy then with that money Sanchez or Lukaku or someone better, we can close a great mercato.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We couldn't accommodate Llorente and Lukaku in the same team. They're incompatible especially with Tevez in the team and neither will accept a bench role for long.

Llo have worked his ass off to get here, more than you'd expect most players to. Lukaku wants away from Chelsea because he has no hope of getting an undisputed starter role.

Drogba and Morata would be bench options, not Lukaku

I'm ok with Llorente going for Lukaku.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The only club I can think of right now where a bunch of very good strikers are co-existing right now is at City. And it's obvious why, they're making twice as much as they would at other clubs.

Lukaku would want guarantees about game time. And Llorente didn't sacrifice a year of his career to join us to watch on the bench. I'd love to have loads of competition for all of our spots. But in reality it's hard to keep everybody happy and i'd rather cash in on Llorente now rather than have a 4M/season 29 year old hit the bench.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Llorente isnt going to get benched just like that. Lukaku will have to work for it. In fact, Lukaku has everything conte liked about players like Borriello and Osvaldo, but is actually talented and has everything to succeed as a deep striker.

Its going to be the marchisio-pogba scenario all over again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This.

- - - Updated - - -

Its going to be the marchisio-pogba scenario all over again.
As much as I didn't like seeing Marchisio benched it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, was it? Competition is good, ESPECIALLY for offense. Pushes our strikers to up their games and get goals. I see no reason why Lukaku and Llorente wouldn't battle it out and each get good game time here.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The only potential problem would be Conte's bizarre rotation policy. Of course there would be plenty of games for both Llorente and Lukaku to get a good amount of gametime, but can you remember Conte a couple of years ago wouldn't give any forward partnership more than a couple of games to gain any kind of consistency. Could be a problem, but having two CFs good enough to start for you is up there among the best problems to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Add in the fact that he is just so athletic, that he would be better in the build up than Llorente.

There have been 2 young players that I have had a raging boner for going on at least two years now. Lukaku and Muniain.

And don't get me wrong, I love Fernando. Back when his name was first mentioned two years ago I was totally on board.

But Lukaku? They don't make many strikers like him anymore. They really don't.
Thanks for the info, +rep

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
@Bianconero81, you guys are a joke.

There isnt even any news on Llorente leaving and you guys are already arguing about whether he should leave or not.

Obviously Llorente deserves a load of respect due to him being a indispensable player of our squad according to @Bianconero_Aus .
When he came to juve, he hasnt even played a single game for a whole season, and then he had to get used to being the only spanish in juve and playing in a whole new league.
BUT he scored more than 15 goals,assisted by players like pogba, pirlo and tevez. THAT IS VERY DIIFICULT, just ask @ZoSo.

So if you guys are talking about exchanging llorente for LUKAKU, i say NO because no player will ever be as good as llorente because he is spanish and can score more than 15 goals, assisted by players like pogba, pirlo and tevez.

FORZA LLORENTE, Forza @Bianconero_Aus, Forza @PostIronic, Forza @Mr Chocolate, you guys are the real goatse!

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I really like Fernando. Infact he was the new player I was more excited to see this year. He's had a damn fine first year with us, but if the price is right or it enables us to move forward in the mercato then so be it.

But remember that this guy more or less gave up a year of his career (and he was at a high point) for Juventus by announcing that he wanted to leave Bilbao. When he joined we discovered that he had been learning Italian and was holding press conferences with Italian journalists in their native language. Fernando clearly WANTS to play for Juventus. It's not all about the money. That's what will be hard to replace if we move him on.

Great post. For this, I want llorente to stay and become our vieri!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)