Fernando Llorente (19 Viewers)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
my point is given his and Tevez's scoring record against the bigger teams, this pair won't be enough in the CL. Serie A is a different matter. Tevez too has a poor record against top table Serie A teams and 0 goals in CL this season. playing both in CL would be too risky.
You again :lol2:

Jun 13, 2007
The fact he scored more against smaller teams is because I'm general, we tend to score more goals against smaller teams. Does that mean he is incapable of scoring against better teams? No; it just means that it just so happened that he didn't, just like it just so happened he scored against Madrid.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he scored only one goal against Sassuolo, Inter, Bologna, Fiorentina, Catania, Roma, Genoa, Torino, Parma, Avellino, Kopenhagen, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor, Lyon, Benfica. also, i remember a russian commentator against Cagliari said "Fernando Lloo... uhhh, Torreees" which is a bad sign. SELL

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here is what really gets me.

99% of the people on this forum are crying out for better wingers on this club in order to improve their chances in the CL.

Well, who do you think would benefit the most out of better wingers?

..................................................................................

.....................................................................................

The same guy who came over on a free transfer and scored 18 goals in all competitions after not playing the first month of the season in a new league after he hardly played the season before? That guy, you mean?

Unless these same people want to have a better target man AND better wingers. Sure, no problem. Just write out a 70 million euro check to Juventus, and I'm sure they can take care of that for you.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Been saying for a while i'd love to see Llorente be fed a steady stream of crosses. Actual crosses, not squared passes.

I'll admit i'm not a massive fan of him in the 3-5-2 as his main strength is nullified and his passing is sometimes just ridiculous. But with a pair of Wingers who can actually cross, we'd have a whole other dimension entirely. Plus at Bilbao his link up play with Muniain was great. But he looks completely lost when he's trying to lay it off to one of our midfielders making a late run.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
also, hes a in/around the box player, while in the 3-5-2 he often must drop to the centre to get the ball and pass it to the WBs. he can do that, but hes not very good at it, and that style doesent suit him well. he would be much more deadly in a 4-3-3 iwhere he can concentrate on scoring rather than organizing our play...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah if Conte came out right now and said we're sticking to our style of play i'd have 0 complaints about us selling Llorente. He can still score in this system obviously but his general play is not good enough and he's a major cause for opposition counter attacking us with his sloppy passes.

But in the right system, one which I hope we convert to, he's a very good player in most aspects.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
The fact he scored more against smaller teams is because I'm general, we tend to score more goals against smaller teams. Does that mean he is incapable of scoring against better teams? No; it just means that it just so happened that he didn't, just like it just so happened he scored against Madrid.
We tend to score few goals in big matches? :lol: 3-0 vs Napoli, 3-0 vs Roma, 3-1 vs Inter, 3-2 vs Milan, 0-2 at San Siro, 2 against Real and could be more... We scored in every big away match except Napoli... I wouldn't call it a bad record, but the opposite

Jun 13, 2007
We tend to score few goals in big matches? :lol: 3-0 vs Napoli, 3-0 vs Roma, 3-1 vs Inter, 3-2 vs Milan, 0-2 at San Siro, 2 against Real and could be more... We scored in every big away match except Napoli... I wouldn't call it a bad record, but the opposite
No, I said we tend to score fewer goals in big matches which is probably expected because in big matches, usually, the other team has a hard defence to break down. Add to that the fact that there are more small teams than big teams, then it makes it all the more probable that llorente would score against the lesser sides. I feel like an idiot for just having to spell this out.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
No, I said we tend to score fewer goals in big matches which is probably expected because in big matches, usually, the other team has a hard defence to break down. Add to that the fact that there are more small teams than big teams, then it makes it all the more probable that llorente would score against the lesser sides. I feel like an idiot for just having to spell this out.
Lol, you probably spelt this out but I still miss your point. Then how can you say that we scored fewer goals in b matches? :lol: It did not happen, dude

Then I'd add that, considering also the fact that small teams are more than the big ones, Llorente didn't score few at all against the big ones. He scored against Milan, Napoli, Real twice, and he missed some big matches at the beginning of the season when he was unfit. Tevez, f.e., that was a (if not "the") main contributor this season, scored "just" against Milan, Fiorentina, and Benfica, if we want to add it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The fct remains that we need to try Llorente in a formstion with proper attcking minded wingers who can cross and assist. Before that, it would be dumb to dispatch one of our most capable forwards of the post calciopoli era.

We all know his build up play and passing is shid most of the time... but with guys around him doing the dirty work ... i know he will excel in doing what he does best which is is being around the box instead of dropping soo deep like he does.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Tbh the 'Doesn't score often against big teams' argument is a bad one. It's only valid if a player consistently goes missing against big teams

But it's only logical that a BIG team that is BETTER than a smaller side is going to be harder to break down, ergo the amount of goals you score against a better side will often be fewer.

That 'argument' is basically just pointing out the obvious I.E Big teams are harder to score against.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)