Fernando Llorente (13 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh Boy! Gomez, Higuain, Llorente, Klose, Palacio, Milito..... Should I continue?
Gomez - no. Bayern was really close to signing Dzeko in the summer 2012. Heynckes really wanted him (because he would have been an improvement over Gomez) and when it failed, they got Mandzukic. also, Dzeko outscored Gomez in his 3.5 years in the Bundesliga every season besides his 1st when he just came into the league.

Higuain - this is a really close one but i would still go with Dzeko. Higuain may work better for the team, but as a pure goalscorer Dzeko is better.

Llorente - i already explained earlier in this thread why Dzeko would be an improvement

Klose - too old and injury prone. career wise Klose is obviously better, but currently he cant compete with Dzeko

Palacio - i will jsut pretend i didnt see him in this list

Milito - same as close, althought his career is not so impresive as Klose

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I forgot what match I was watching of Man City's in the past couple of months, but he had produced multiple gems like his Stoke choke...

Typical Dzeko. I don't know if people actually watch him play or just look at stats on whoscored.com. Dude goes in when the opponents are tired and has players like Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Navas, etc giving him quality service.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
so now we look at players tha give him service. if i recall correctly, Dzeko was voted the best player of the Bundesliga in 2009 with 26 goals (not a single penalty) and 10 assists and led them to win the BL. he was top scorer the season after with 22 goals and 7 assists and scored 10 goals in half a season in his last half year there (note that the BL has 34 fixtures in comparation with other top leagues). what service did he have at that time, surely wolfsburg was full of WC wingers and playmakers so he easily scored tap ins :howler:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
OK, but have you thought about that he could regain his form. maybe City doesent suit him, maybe the style of play in England doesent fit him. its not like Llorente was a beast scoring 20+ goals every season before he came here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)