Fernando Llorente (16 Viewers)

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
:facepalm2: a striker that scores 17 goals after sitting an entire season on the bench is being associated with Amauri after one bad match :facepalm2:
Ehm he had more bad matched, his first touch is mostly pretty awefull same for his controlling and keeping the ball but this is his first season here and allready scored 17 times and that's a strikers job. so we should give him the benefit of the doubt and see that he lives up his potential. I didn't expect him to score so much allready tbh :)

- - - Updated - - -

if City offered us a straight swap Llorente for Dzeko would anyone do it
@Hustini

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
if City offered us a straight swap Llorente for Dzeko would anyone do it
Err.... @Hustini :D

No, but seriously, I would too. Not because I think Llorente lacks much, but I think our overall style of play would suit Dzeko more, and the one thing Dzeko has in his favor which is probably the deal maker for me, is the fact that he's a much much more direct player. Even though he doesn't have Llorente's brute physical build, he still imposes himself a lot more than Nando does. But if I could pick one player in the rest of Europe that we could realistically go for and replace Llorente with, it would have to be Mandzukic.

Any one of Mandzukic, Benzema and Dzeko would do a good job IMO.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Llorente passing is awful ,also his ball control.Yes he can gave the high ball to Tevez from time to time.Balls towards him are 9 of ten fouls or offside.
Yea, like I said, can be a very very frustrating player to watch, especially when he needs to rise to the occasion. Was really let down by him last night to be honest. His movement, awareness, control etc.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yeah, i thought too that Dzeko would suit us better. Llorente is completely useless outside of the box, while i have seen Dzeko alot of times drop down to get the ball, make a pass to the wings, he can shoot from outside the box, and i think he has a better header. i think he lost his motivation in City for constantly being marginalized by Aguero and now Negredo so he lost his motivation. if Conte can shape him up, and recover his form he had in Wolfsburg, we would have a improved version of Llorente and a WC striker :D

- - - Updated - - -

also, his contract expires in 2015, so he wouldnt be too expensive and seeing how Pellegrini loves tese spaniards, he could take LLorente who is more suited for the EPL than serie a

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
yeah, i thought too that Dzeko would suit us better. Llorente is completely useless outside of the box, while i have seen Dzeko alot of times drop down to get the ball, make a pass to the wings, he can shoot from outside the box, and i think he has a better header. i think he lost his motivation in City for constantly being marginalized by Aguero and now Negredo so he lost his motivation. if Conte can shape him up, and recover his form he had in Wolfsburg, we would have a improved version of Llorente and a WC striker :D

- - - Updated - - -

also, his contract expires in 2015, so he wouldnt be too expensive and seeing how Pellegrini loves tese spaniards, he could take LLorente who is more suited for the EPL than serie a
Crosses is the key word for Edin, have you seen our crosses yesterday?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Edin is a but more mobile than Llorente. And he's able to shoot from in and around the box, when Llorente normally shies away from taking shots on goal. Dzeko would be devastating alongside Tevez in a 352. And he'd create good link up play with wingers as well, since he does have a tendency to drop deep, pick up the ball and spread it out wide before making a run in the box. Sanchez, Dzeko and Nani. If only. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i just asked would anyone swap Llorent for Dzeko, and i also said that he would suit us better than Llorente :D. that swap/trade doesent affect the rest of the mercato where we will hopefully get wingers, Eriksen (my new wish :D) etc. ofcourse, if we were to get Dzeko, we would have to get better crossers. same if we are going to keep and use Llorente. he is completely useless the way we use him currently

- - - Updated - - -

I think Edin is a but more mobile than Llorente. And he's able to shoot from in and around the box, when Llorente normally shies away from taking shots on goal. Dzeko would be devastating alongside Tevez in a 352. And he'd create good link up play with wingers as well, since he does have a tendency to drop deep, pick up the ball and spread it out wide before making a run in the box. Sanchez, Dzeko and Nani. If only. :D
i prefer Cuadrado, but i wouldnt mind Nani either. :D

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Err.... @Hustini :D

No, but seriously, I would too. Not because I think Llorente lacks much, but I think our overall style of play would suit Dzeko more, and the one thing Dzeko has in his favor which is probably the deal maker for me, is the fact that he's a much much more direct player. Even though he doesn't have Llorente's brute physical build, he still imposes himself a lot more than Nando does. But if I could pick one player in the rest of Europe that we could realistically go for and replace Llorente with, it would have to be Mandzukic.

Any one of Mandzukic, Benzema and Dzeko would do a good job IMO.
WELL SAID! ESPECIALLY MANDZUKIC!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He didn't have one cross come into him last night, not that I remembered. And several times he was in a great position isolated against a defender.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How could he? He was fielded against to tall CBs, and we have players who can't cross.
:D But really I saw Lichtsteiner shoot and cut the ball back 2-3 times with Llorente stood on Luisao. Even though Luisao is very good in the air you have to give him the chance for the duel.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
17 goals.

Didn't even play in the first month of the season.

Missed practically a whole season last year at Bilbao

Free transfer.

What is the issue here, exactly.

Jul 20, 2012
People thinking Dzeko would do any better. Llorente is a very good player and 17 goals in his first season in serie a is amazing. He will stay and I Dzeko will go to a shit team where he belongs like inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)