Fernando Llorente (56 Viewers)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
All I have to say is that if people think it was a pk to Torino today, Llorente should have gotten one too, when his shirt was pulled after one of our corner kicks. Actually, he should have one in every game, then.
Ref's dont give Pk' for shirt pulling in Serie A. I cant remember the last time i seen a penalty for that. Thats why Chiellini got caught out against Madrid.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, I thought he was poor.

Juve played differently to what they normally do and that didn't suit him.

Tevez and Llorente were both pushed right up against the defence as a genuine front two and Juve were very focused on playing the ball into them.

That caused two issues:

1. When the ball went into Llorente, there was frequently no-one in a trequartista-type position (as Tevez normally is) for him to lay it off to; and

2. Torino saw what Juve were doing pretty early and their defenders were reading the passes to the strikers and being quite bold in trying to win the ball.

Llorente should have been stronger and more aggressive, but I don't think he was ever likely to have a particularly good or influential game with the tactics Juve played.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He's shining in 3-5-2 as well, people just don't give him enough credit.

For his first season he has been very good.
Yeah, he is doing very well indeed. I just find the 3-5-2 is holding him back and is limiting him. He can be even better than this.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Eventhough I do think wingers would do a miracle for him I'd be sad not to see him play alongside Tevez.
Is that because you'd be sad not to see Tevez play or for a different reason?

Both have been fairly good individually, but I can't say I've been impressed with them as an attacking pair. I get the feeling something is missing.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Both have been fairly good individually, but I can't say I've been impressed with them as an attacking pair. I get the feeling something is missing.
Because I think they are yet to become a great pair upfront. They both have great numbers this season but there isn't a lot of connection between them and I think they will work it out after some time. I believe they'll do great next season. But I love the fact how both of them offer totally different things to the team, yet so many great things. I think we'd lose a lot if we change to 4-3-3, if that means no Tevez, because he simply shouldn't play on the left side.

Having said that, I think we're gonna stick with 3-5-2 next season. Asamoah is turning into a good lwb and we're winning (not so impressive in Europe) so I don't think we're planning to change the current system. I love 4-3-3 but I don't think that's the right way to go. If we didn't have Pirlo I'd consider 4-4-2, though.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

exactly mu thoughts. I love both of em, but they have been grinding results individually or with the assistance of others. But their gameplay as an attacking pair leaves a lot to be desired.em. They seem to not understand their movements and way of thinking

Still, love both of em.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Because I think they are yet to become a great pair upfront. They both have great numbers this season but there isn't a lot of connection between them and I think they will work it out after some time. I believe they'll do great next season. But I love the fact how both of them offer totally different things to the team, yet so many great things. I think we'd lose a lot if we change to 4-3-3, if that means no Tevez, because he simply shouldn't play on the left side.

Having said that, I think we're gonna stick with 3-5-2 next season. Asamoah is turning into a good lwb and we're winning (not so impressive in Europe) so I don't think we're planning to change the current system. I love 4-3-3 but I don't think that's the right way to go. If we didn't have Pirlo I'd consider 4-4-2, though.
Let's hope they do start to form a connection. For some reason, I personally doubt it will happen. Something just doesn't feel right when I watch them playing with each other :)D).

exactly mu thoughts. I love both of em, but they have been grinding results individually or with the assistance of others. But their gameplay as an attacking pair leaves a lot to be desired.em. They seem to not understand their movements and way of thinking

Still, love both of em.
Yeah, no understanding at all between the two of them. It's odd.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Repeating this 100th time, what we've been missing is player capable of dominating game, taking on his markers, flashy type of player. Someone able to decide games with moment of ingenuity, skillful mofo. Usually one of the most expensive players around, considering other positions.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
When's the last time Tevez worked well with a strike partner?

At United, Rooney and Ronaldo were the ones really carrying the attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)