Fernando Llorente (21 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
LLorente: "Ho capito cosa vuole Conte e cerco di farlo al meglio." / "I understand what Conte wants and I try my best to do it."

This is something he showed last night. He was involved in build-up play throughout the match and really did an amazing job.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
"The French appropriately refer to this attribute as aspirer la defense, meaning quite literally “to suck the defense in”. In other words, Llorente forces the opposition to defend more narrowly on him and thus opens up space for not only Tevez but out wide as well for the wingbacks running in behind.

Llorente really is an ideal partner for Tevez. In a way, he is something of a bodyguard for the Argentine. By focusing so much attention on him, the Spaniard takes a lot of the battering and bruising that Tevez would if he were the prima punta."

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/12/the-lion-king-and-el-apache-proving-their-worth-at-juventus/

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No-one else think Llorente was quite poor last night?

Wasn't holding the ball up as well as I'd expect him to, touch wasn't great at times and decision making wasn't good a lot of the time.

Sure, his mere presence troubled Udinese and he still contributed (even ignoring the goal), but it was far from being a good performance in my book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)