Fernando Llorente (13 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4365602 said:
Regardless whether you agree with that or not, the point was that his anticipation was simply amazing, certainly the best I've seen around. The same can't be said for his shooting technique.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Then explain to me Youtube expert what was so funny in the previous post regarding Inzaghi? I appreciate good laughter so I might find it funny as well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've watched that 11/12 Bilbao season very closely and 75% of his goals were from inside the box from his usual center position and some of them were 'stolen' goals as a true poacher would do. Not from controlling or passing it to anyone.
But the point being made was that he played a major role in Athletic Club's build-up play before he moved forward into the box. Not necessarily immediately before a goal, but in the general move that got the team up the pitch and in a good position to mount an attack.

He wasn't just loitering high up the pitch and not contributing to general team play in the way a Trezeguet or Inzaghi typically would.

I wouldn't say he was 'deep-lying', particularly, at Athletic Club, but he was expected to/given the freedom to drift around a bit more.

With Juve having Tevez, Llorente is expected to provide more of a fixed focal point and to occupy defenders that way in order to create the space for Tevez behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4365557 said:
I said his finishing inside the box is amazing, yet again people doubt it what i said, they never learn, stupid folks
Big gap between being a good finisher - which Llorente undoubtedly is - and being as good a finisher as Trezeguet.

Very few people in the history of football have been as good at finishing as Trezeguet.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But the point being made was that he played a major role in Athletic Club's build-up play before he moved forward into the box. Not necessarily immediately before a goal, but in the general move that got the team up the pitch and in a good position to mount an attack.

He wasn't just loitering high up the pitch and not contributing to general team play in the way a Trezeguet or Inzaghi typically would.

I wouldn't say he was 'deep-lying', particularly, at Athletic Club, but he was expected to/given the freedom to drift around a bit more.

With Juve having Tevez, Llorente is expected to provide more of a fixed focal point and to occupy defenders that way in order to create the space for Tevez behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

Big gap between being a good finisher - which Llorente undoubtedly is - and being as good a finisher as Trezeguet.

Very few people in the history of football have been as good at finishing as Trezeguet.
king of the tap in's.

Dat attacking positionning :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)