Fernando Llorente (181 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Please no more rotation. Let him and Tevez build on this. No Quag or Vucinic when they return. I mean, you can clearly see how useful he is out there even though he's not scoring. He uses his body so well as a target and has a great presence in the penalty box and in the air.

And forget goals, concentrate on the fact that he actually gets to goal situations. Hopefully the finishing will come.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Please no more rotation. Let him and Tevez build on this. No Quag or Vucinic when they return. I mean, you can clearly see how useful he is out there even though he's not scoring. He uses his body so well as a target and has a great presence in the penalty box and in the air.

And forget goals, concentrate on the fact that he actually gets to goal situations. Hopefully the finishing will come.
this.

he isn't inzaghi or trezeguet but he has other skills that can help this team a lot, I lost count how many assists he could've had so far.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree with the ones here who are looking at the positives. We saw some today, and he's been improving gradually for some time. He's turning into a much better team player now, which I really like to see. And I believe the goals will come!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah but he still has to score from those chances, especially the rebound from Tevez's shot in the second half. Had Giovinco missed them he'd be crucified right now in his thread.
And rightly so. Llorente is a massive helping hand in the buildup play, and still needs to regain his clinical sharpness, but is allready doing so much and improving after going into a new league with a year without football

giovinco, adds nothing to the buildup or work in general, is here since forever, and has played since forever.

Strong start, VERY good work done, altho a few wrong passes. They werent sloppy, thats him still trying to understand the team's movement.
Gets into scoring positions, the goals will come

And hey, he did score against madrid, didnt he ?

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He messed up a few times, but you can clearly see he is getting better and better and understanding our players. Start this man every game. No more rotating with Vucinic and Quags

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He could be even better in 4-3-3,

Vucinic-Llorente-Tevez :tuttosport:
Check the sig my good man. :D
Would be inferior to current system. Far to narrow. would be very easy to defend against : just play a narrow unit.

No our current system is just fine. Marchisio behind llorente and tevez beeing a good alternative, altho also a bit narrow, its excellent against big creative teams using the full width of the pitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)