Fernando Llorente (97 Viewers)

Dec 24, 2012
by the way vuceenic will go to his national team so i think it will be a chance for llorente to train hard for !!!2 weeks and to be a starter with inter.

I am pessimistic about llorente situation, but i wouldn't say he is finished after just 3 games on the bench. It's too early to make any conclusions, still plenty of time ahead, anything can happen, for example Vucinic can get an injury or his plane can crash or something =)
Bite your tongue, you scum! :D

But isn't Llorente also in the Spanish NT?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
by the way vuceenic will go to his national team so i think it will be a chance for llorente to train hard for !!!2 weeks and to be a starter with inter.

I am pessimistic about llorente situation, but i wouldn't say he is finished after just 3 games on the bench. It's too early to make any conclusions, still plenty of time ahead, anything can happen, for example Vucinic can get an injury or his plane can crash or something =)
That smiley after what you just said in that sentence is somewhat creepy :snoop:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

• Did you know that Llorentes girlfriend name is Maria Lorente?

• Did you know that because of racist Bilbao this is the first time Llorente is playing with any foreign players in his career?

Mind? Blown.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Conte on Llorente

"When not playing for a year you lose some intensity, some aggression. Also, the Spanish football is a bit different to the game we play in Italy, here defenders are very experienced. However, his hard-work will pay off."

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Conte on Llorente

"When not playing for a year you lose some intensity, some aggression. Also, the Spanish football is a bit different to the game we play in Italy, here defenders are very experienced. However, his hard-work will pay off."
What Conte really means is that Spanish players fail in Serie A.

:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte on Llorente

mmmmmmmmmmm

generic response

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I also think that Conte put Quag in for non-footballing reasons, either to show that he wants to keep him or to give him a farewell in front of his fans before a transfer
I don't think Conte is the kind who'd care about giving someone a farewell at the cost of his tactics. If that were the case he'd have started Matri and Quag last game. It probably is to tell the board that Quag is not to be touched. My opinion anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Conte on Llorente

This is something he knew all along in that case, which makes it seem like its more a Marrotta signing on a free rather than Conte asking for this player. But I'd still give him some time before seeing where he stands in Conte's hierarchy.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Everyone needs to relax. Conte wants to play the striker when he's truly integrated. It's better than playing him when he's not ready and makes mistakes and feels the pressure in a new team where the expectations are so high. It's a delicate period for any new player, just the initial breaking in period. Give it a but if time. But it's good to see Quag get game time ahead of Gio. Like someone correctly said, it could also be a message to the board that he wants Quag to stay and not be sold.
That would be understandable however Tevez is also a new player and he has so far played every match. No period of adaptation for him? In my opinion, Conte is not happy with Llorente. It is not surprising that he is not starting but so far no minutes at all? That is worrying. Again today the match was already closed so why not give him minutes?

Maybe in coppa he would see some action but he would need to put on a fantastic performance to change Conte's mind.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That would be understandable however Tevez is also a new player and he has so far played every match. No period of adaptation for him? In my opinion, Conte is not happy with Llorente. It is not surprising that he is not starting but so far no minutes at all? That is worrying. Again today the match was already closed so why not give him minutes?

Maybe in coppa he would see some action but he would need to put on a fantastic performance to change Conte's mind.
Yup.

But take into account that our playing style CRIED Tevez all over. Even whne offform.. he fits our game like a glove, and is exactly the kind of player conte loves. Vucinic is and always has been a Conte favored striker.

Taking in account what i saw today, im starting to think Llorente will have a hell of a time... because in Conte´s case...actions speak much louder than words... and his speech about llorente not being totally ok is starting to sound like a way to evade the question.

Today{s game left me with a sour taste to be honest , regarding Llorente´s situation.|

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That would be understandable however Tevez is also a new player and he has so far played every match. No period of adaptation for him? In my opinion, Conte is not happy with Llorente. It is not surprising that he is not starting but so far no minutes at all? That is worrying.
Tevez is better than Llorente, and is clearly ready to make an immediate impact. He also has an obvious understanding with Vucinic. Ergo - those two start.

And after 3 games it really is not 'worrying' that he played 'no minutes'. Let's get real. We have scored 9 goals in 3 games. So I'm struggling to think of anything which is actually less of an issue right now than who is playing the fill-in minutes en route to three points.

Quite obviously Conte is not happy with him right now, or he would play. When Conte thinks he is ready he will play, and when he actually plays maybe it would be wise to then judge him.

I think all this stems from anxiety to see him play rather than anything else, and maybe a morbid fascination to see someone fail.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Tevez is better than Llorente, and is clearly ready to make an immediate impact. He also has an obvious understanding with Vucinic. Ergo - those two start.

And after 3 games it really is not 'worrying' that he played 'no minutes'. Let's get real. We have scored 9 goals in 3 games. So I'm struggling to think of anything which is actually less of an issue right now than who is playing the fill-in minutes en route to three points.

Quite obviously Conte is not happy with him right now, or he would play. When Conte thinks he is ready he will play, and when he actually plays maybe it would be wise to then judge him.

I think all this stems from anxiety to see him play rather than anything else, and maybe a morbid fascination to see someone fail.
Thank you

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012

:tup: :agree:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
you said the same thing about llorente just like isla. "oh he didnt play. oh he'll integrate later as he becomes more fit understand our tactics"

what happened there? oh yeah conte doesnt do that. he doesnt give chances like that.

llorente is done. stop crying, grow a pair, deal with it and move on. nothing to be ashamed of.
We should call you Oracle not Lion.

:disagree:

You're barred.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

well yes makes sense. Ill not deny that i want to see him play and revover his blistering form with us. So yeah im a little anxious.

The season is long and the fixtures will be tough. We will need all the legs at our disposal sooner or later.

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
the moment the transfer was official i said he was going to flop, i honestly hope he doesnt, he seemed he was all passionate to come here, and looks like a nice guy, but i still think he is. But when he gets some more minuets we'll have a better picture on how hes gonna do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)