Fernando Llorente (11 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Might be but it's a little naïve not to think money is a factor at all. Surely both club and fans would've received the news with less frustration had Arsenal or Juventus activated a release clause of €25-30 than if he left on a free transfer. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have one of your best and most popular players leave at the end of the season having made it official many months before. At least when we cleaned out in 2006 it happened over the summer and we could only move forward from that point which doesn't seem to be the case for Bilbao.
Erromoko said himself that they do not care about the money, because either way there is no one to replace him due to their own rules. And who in their right mind would pay 30 million for a player on the last year of his contract that already wants to leave? I do sympathize with their situation, and yes it must suck now to have to fill that void, but it was still wrong to hold him hostage like that in my opinion.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Erromoko said himself that they do not care about the money, because either way there is no one to replace him due to their own rules. And who in their right mind would pay 30 million for a player on the last year of his contract that already wants to leave? I do sympathize with their situation, and yes it must suck now to have to fill that void, but it was still wrong to hold him hostage like that in my opinion.

The €25-30 was his estimated release clause (just an estimate by me ofc.) had he renewed his contract before a bosman transfer ever would come up. I'm not arguing against the hostage situation at all. Poorly handled but the frustration is more than understable.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I completely agree :hellyes:

May 15, 2013
I completely agree :hellyes:
I´m desagree about that "hostage situation".

I wanna mean, Llorente signed a very nice agreement when he was an unknown player earning more cash than, for example, Lewandowsky, i believe in the obligation of fullfill your duties when you sign an agreement even if one of the sides has a better offer.

If LLorente wanted to broke his agreement with Athletic Club solution was very easy, pay the fee, 30 million € in this case, and sign a new contract with anyone you want, what is truly unacceptable is to pretend to broke your agreement without give a compensation to the other side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)