Fernando Llorente (181 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Depends.

If Juve don't sign another forward and Llorente is playing with Vucinic, he will be there primarily as a finisher and so he would need to get up closer to 20 goals in all competitions for it to be considered a good season. .

If he was paired with Higuain, Llorente would have more of a target man, link-up type role, with Higuain as the finisher, so 10 goals might be a good return from Llorente in that situation.

If Llorente is paired with Jovetic, Llorente's role would be somewhere in between and you'd look for his goal return to be in-keeping with that.
Even if he's paired with Higuain and relieved of the tap-in duties, I'd expect him to have over 15 goals in all competitions, his main purpose still would be scoring goals not holding the ball upfront or flicking headers to Gonzalo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
his main purpose still would be scoring goals not holding the ball upfront or flicking headers to Gonzalo.
Would it?

Juve, when playing 3-5-2, have always played one striker who is primarily there to score goals and one who is there to link the play and wander around a bit more - and that has been apparent even when Juve have been playing two players who are SSs or two players who are CFs.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Would it?

Juve, when playing 3-5-2, have always played one striker who is primarily there to score goals and one who is there to link the play and wander around a bit more - and that has been apparent even when Juve have been playing two players who are SSs or two players who are CFs.
Matri is pretty much our only natural CF, I'd say we're yet to see a partnership consisting of two box strikers like Llorente and Higuain, I don't think it'll be anything similar to this seasons starting pair Vucinič-Giovinco. The way I imagine it could work in 3-5-2 would be to either put someone like Diamanti (combination of hardworking and creative enough) in either Marchisio's position (like Giaccherini) or to play him right behind the strikers and put Pirlo on the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 180)