Fernando Llorente (179 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we could get some quality crosses into the box, Llorente will score a lot of easy goals.

Man, I can't remember the last time we had an aerial threat in the box, must be 07-08 Trezeguet..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ill be happy isf he scores more than 10 to be sincere.

!5 or above is just fantasy IMO.

Like some say, eh si coming from a very irregular season, to a new team and league

May 15, 2013
I don´t really believe Llorente will be a flop, as i told before is a good striker but i don´t know how he will fit to Calcio´s style, more physical than La Liga the point is if he can fill the expectations of Conte and of all of juventus crowd.

Another fact is Llorente use to miss a lot of goal chances, he needs several chances to score, thats not a very important issue when you play in Athletic Club, but in bigger teams the requirements are higher.

Ending this post i want to explain the behavior of Athletic Club in this or similar situations, as most of you knows Athletic Club have a weird transfer policy, only basque players can play in Athletic Club, for us the lose of a player like Fernando is very painful and unreplaceable, we dont want money we need players.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don´t really believe Llorente will be a flop, as i told before is a good striker but i don´t know how he will fit to Calcio´s style, more physical than La Liga the point is if he can fill the expectations of Conte and of all of juventus crowd.

Another fact is Llorente use to miss a lot of goal chances, he needs several chances to score, thats not a very important issue when you play in Athletic Club, but in bigger teams the requirements are higher.

Ending this post i want to explain the behavior of Athletic Club in this or similar situations, as most of you knows Athletic Club have a weird transfer policy, only basque players can play in Athletic Club, for us the lose of a player like Fernando is very painful and unreplaceable, we dont want money we need players.
Bilbao fan, saying Llorente would do bad here ? How surprising news !

Llorente will be massive for our team, and Higuain will be the one scoring goals.

Big thanks to Bilbao for giving us Llorente for free so we could invest in Higuain :heart:

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006

is Laporte Basque?

IMO: over 10 goals is a good first season for him... and if we get another striker we could rotate them or let them help each other

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
anything under 15 goals would be a failure for 4,5m per season striker, no matter what excuses you make. he gets payed more that almost every other striker in the league (same as Cavani, Milito, less than Balotelli), 10 goal season would be a serious flop return.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think the increased physicality and lack of space are why players from La Liga often struggle in Serie A.

However, Llorente's size and strength gives him an excellent chance of being able to adapt and do well.

And the expectations of Llorente won't necessarily be that big.

Juve are couple off several years where they haven't had a great striker, so the expectations have dropped a fair bit from would would have been expected if he'd been signed when Trezeguet left Juve.

It also looks like Juve may well sign another high-profile forward this summer, so there shouldn't be too much of a burden on Llorente to carry Juve's attack by himself.

- - - Updated - - -

anything under 15 goals would be a failure for 4,5m per season striker, no matter what excuses you make. he gets payed more that almost every other striker in the league (same as Cavani, Milito, less than Balotelli), 10 goal season would be a serious flop return.
Depends.

If Juve don't sign another forward and Llorente is playing with Vucinic, he will be there primarily as a finisher and so he would need to get up closer to 20 goals in all competitions for it to be considered a good season. .

If he was paired with Higuain, Llorente would have more of a target man, link-up type role, with Higuain as the finisher, so 10 goals might be a good return from Llorente in that situation.

If Llorente is paired with Jovetic, Llorente's role would be somewhere in between and you'd look for his goal return to be in-keeping with that.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Bilbao fan, saying Llorente would do bad here ? How surprising news !

Llorente will be massive for our team, and Higuain will be the one scoring goals.

Big thanks to Bilbao for giving us Llorente for free so we could invest in Higuain :heart:
Where does he say Llorente would do bad here?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Where does he say Llorente would do bad here?

I'm assuming he got that impression from the bolded part

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Considering he got hit in the face and had a tooth knocked out, Caceres was quite friendly with Llorente, perhaps he had special insider knowledge (a la badass) that in a few years they would be team mates!

In other news, I really hope Llorente knocks a few teeth out of Mexes' mouth over the coming years :nico:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 179)