Fernando Llorente (12 Viewers)

lakl

Mar 30, 2014
Nando is a super class, maybe the best targetman before ibra. Playing in a team whitout wingers,what makes things more difficult to him.
But some people here underrate him, specially when he doesn't make a gol.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I didn't think he was that bad. Won some fouls, set up Pereyra once, almost scored after taking down Pereyra's pass with a sweet first touch. As others have mentioned, it is very hard sometimes for strikers to score against parked bus defences. He'll score against Cesena or Atalanta the week later, and the goals will come in :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't think he was that bad. Won some fouls, set up Pereyra once, almost scored after taking down Pereyra's pass with a sweet first touch. As others have mentioned, it is very hard sometimes for strikers to score against parked bus defences. He'll score against Cesena or Atalanta the week later, and the goals will come in :)
The way you ended your post with that smiley is not you. Drop it next time.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I know, and I still think Llorente is a poacher.
:sergio:

He isn't poacher, never was actually. Lacks proper movement, agility and quickness to be labeled as one. He's been always type of player that would get involved in build up, in a way to compensate the lack of other attributes and his strong physique, ability to hold the ball well under pressure helped him to profile himself as a pure targetman.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know, and I still think Llorente is a poacher.
He is the opposite of a poacher (how many times have we seen a low pass or cross into the box and he isnt just there because he didnt have the foresight to run into the proper area), he lacks the instinct to sniff out chances with his positioning and his off the ball movement in the box is not good, he is quite clearly a big target man with decent technical feet, though bit sluggish. He is all about soaking pressure and laying it off with any part of his body, this guy can go almost whole game without shooting at goal or really getting into real proper positions, while spending rest of the game keeping a whole defence occupied with his presence and giving his teammates a focal point upfront to play off. a poacher would be just be more limited player who would do most of his work entirely off the ball, with runs and movement (while Llorente fvcks up our few counter movements due to slowish movements). A poacher is someone like Chicarito type (even is the smaller kind). Llorente is clearly not just a poacher, in fact he needs a poachers instinct and hunger for the goal more IMO.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is the opposite of a poacher (how many times have we seen a low pass or cross into the box and he isnt just there because he didnt have the foresight to run into the proper area), he lacks the instinct to sniff out chances with his positioning and his off the ball movement in the box is not good, he is quite clearly a big target man with decent technical feet, though bit sluggish. He is all about soaking pressure and laying it off with any part of his body, this guy can go almost whole game without shooting at goal or really getting into real proper positions, while spending rest of the game keeping a whole defence occupied with his presence and giving his teammates a focal point upfront to play off. a poacher would be just be more limited player who would do most of his work entirely off the ball, with runs and movement (while Llorente fvcks up our few counter movements due to slowish movements). A poacher is someone like Chicarito type (even is the smaller kind). Llorente is clearly not just a poacher, in fact he needs a poachers instinct and hunger for the goal more IMO.
You could even see it last night. Licht had plenty of times penetrated down the right side, putting in low crosses in the middle of the box, but Llorente was almost never in the right place. The reason why I find it ridiculous when people blame Licht for his end product when Llorente's movement is atypical for a striker. The last thing I'd call this guy would be a poacher, but he's a good forward on his day, pure target man, someone who can give lot of trouble to defenses, open up space for other players to operate, release the pressure from Tevez.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You could even see it last night. Licht had plenty of times penetrated down the right side, putting in low crosses in the middle of the box, but Llorente was almost never in the right place. The reason why I find it ridiculous when people blame Licht for his end product when Llorente's movement is atypical for a striker. The last thing I'd call this guy would be a poacher, but he's a good forward on his day, pure target man, someone who can give lot of trouble to defenses, open up space for other players to operate, release the pressure from Tevez.
I agree. Makes me wonder if a trio of tevez, morata/coman and llorente would work. I know some people don't think tevez can play on the wing but he's been playing higher and wider the past few games and it's worked.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Target men can't do anything against a parked bus. Their goal is to basically keep as many defenders around them in order to keep them off our other players. They're only going to score on a nice cross or loose ball mostly.

It was an average performance for me. He didn't lose too many balls. Ran as usual in defence. Won a couple fouls.
:tup:

I'd play Morata against Cesena, but simply because Llorente is probably due a break after playing three games in a week.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol: this guy is so bad.

everyone should aplogize to me.

"hurr durr he scored 16 goals last season"

so? so did osvaldo, matri, and other crappy strikers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)