Fernando Llorente (181 Viewers)

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
:facepalm2: Negredo deserve that WC.
TBH Llorente didn't deserve that call by Spain. He can't suit their style as Torres. Torres is different when he plays for his national.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think anyone automatically deserves to go just based on past merit. If that were the case, then Italy's front line would be DP and Totti because they were both better at their peak than any of their current forwards are right now. I actually used to be a big Torres fan, but ever since that last injury before he left Liverpool, to say he's become a shadow of his former self would be an understatement.
He isn't anywhere near his Liverpool form, but he still might be better than Llorente.

Actually Torres is the first player I've seen that has properly lost class.
That's impossible, according to the statement itself.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
That's impossible, according to the statement itself.
Doesn't mean it's always true. You can't say Torres is the same player as in his Liverpool days. All players get eventually worse with age but Torres has just simply gotten worse. He's a shadow of the player he used to be.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Torres was top scorer at the Euros two years ago, just sayin.
And at the Confederations Cup as well lol.
Was about to say the same. In the build up for this World cup, Torres scored 8 goals on 10 matches for Spain at the Euro 2012 and the Conf. Cup in 2013. As bad as his form is, he's played and won with Xavi, Iniesta and co. so many times already, and scored quite a lot. Llorente's CV is lacking in this regard, plus the man hasn't scored a goal for Spain since 2010.
Torres and Villa are part of the Spanish NT and the super generation that won so much. No matter the form, they are a part of the winning team. Llorente is an outsider. In reality, it was Diego Costa vs Llorente, because Torres and Villa were always certain to travel to Brazil, bar injury.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Ohh guys stop overate Llorente. Torres has proven himself with NT years ago and he can still do that. He suits perfect with Del Bosque's system who don't want a player with Llorente's characteristics in his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)