Fernando Llorente (223 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
His overall play was good but terrible finishing.

Should have just shot on the 1v1 instead of trying to play in Tevez or round the keeper.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not clinical enough today, which is a shame, but apart from that I thought he had a fine game. He's so damn resourceful and a tremendous holding striker. Immense at holding/keeping the ball at his feet.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He was great today.

He's more than a finisher so stop only concentrating on that.
You have to see it in the context of the game. 3 clear cut chances in a tricky game, you got to finish at least one, not matter what position you play on the pitch. Let alone, forward. This isn't a criticism. But it could've cost us. I think he adds a lot to our game, but I think he's had better overall games than the one he had today anyway.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He must finish those chances if he wants to make it to World cup. Still liked him today, he's a true fighter, real Juventino.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He needs to finish those chances against Gala. We need to show up big time.

An early exit of the CL would be devastating, economically and animically speaking

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You have to see it in the context of the game. 3 clear cut chances in a tricky game, you got to finish at least one, not matter what position you play on the pitch. Let alone, forward. This isn't a criticism. But it could've cost us. I think he adds a lot to our game, but I think he's had better overall games than the one he had today anyway.
No you don't actually. If the keeper saves them then it doesn't really matter. He's not useless like Quag or Matri who live and die by their finishing. Llorente can have an excellent game, set up 10 chances yet miss 5 clear chances and still have a positive impact. The situation would have been different if he missed 3 clear chances and offered absolutely nothing to the team the rest of the game like many poachers or mediocre strikers like Quag, Matri and many others in this league.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No you don't actually. If the keeper saves them then it doesn't really matter. He's not useless like Quag or Matri who live and die by their finishing. Llorente can have an excellent game, set up 10 chances yet miss 5 clear chances and still have a positive impact. The situation would have been different if he missed 3 clear chances and offered absolutely nothing to the team the rest of the game.
:agree:

Because of him I don't miss Mirko. He's doing a monster job for us in the final third.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No you don't actually. If the keeper saves them then it doesn't really matter. He's not useless like Quag or Matri who live and die by their finishing. Llorente can have an excellent game, set up 10 chances yet miss 5 clear chances and still have a positive impact. The situation would have been different if he missed 3 clear chances and offered absolutely nothing to the team the rest of the game like many poachers or mediocre strikers like Quag, Matri and many others in this league.
On the positive, even when he missed some... the keeper made sure he didnt socred too. I saw some interesting saves against llorente.

In the last 1v1, it could have gone in, but the keeper did a good job saving the shot. I know, it could have been a better shot, but it was not a wasteful chance one anyways.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Not to compare but the guy cannot seem to score without some recognizable form of service. He is purely a reactionary scorer while players like Trez could score with offer without any service.

I still love the man regardless

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Still not sharp and can improve. Today not very concentrated wich showed in his "clinic finishing"

Yet massive team contribution and gets in those positions or creates them for himself.

With better form, or the attention from important games, he'll be doing all of this, AND be clinical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 222)