Fernando Llorente (99 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
In La Liga, "B" teams can play in the same tiered system as the senior teams, there's just a restriction that they're not eligible to play in the same division as the senior team.

And I think that Baskonia is like a feeder club if I'm not wrong.
I know, that's what I was talking about. It's a great system and it should be done in Italy, in my opinion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know, that's what I was talking about. It's a great system and it should be done in Italy, in my opinion.
100% agree. I think Juve could benefite massively from having a second team in the Serie B. Somewhere we could send our youth and struggling players without having to offer co ownershps

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Its a good system for big clubs like Juve who want to monopolise young talent and develop them. In the current system smaller clubs mainly share the responsibility of playing and developing youth. Making profit on these players contributes highly to their overall revenue, while they also stand to gain from loaning players from bigger clubs. I think the spanish system creates even bigger quality gaps and that's what we're seeing in La Liga at the moment.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
100% agree. I think Juve could benefite massively from having a second team in the Serie B. Somewhere we could send our youth and struggling players without having to offer co ownershps
Inter's doing it with Livorno, several players on loan there this season. It's not an official relationship, but still. Weren't you guys trying to do the same with Sassuolo?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Its a good system for big clubs like Juve who want to monopolise young talent and develop them. In the current system smaller clubs mainly share the responsibility of playing and developing youth. Making profit on these players contributes highly to their overall revenue, while they also stand to gain from loaning players from bigger clubs. I think the spanish system creates even bigger quality gaps and that's what we're seeing in La Liga at the moment.
Could be. But I think this is also because of other factors for the most part, tv money distribution for example. Germany also has a system like this and they do amazing financially, but then again the possible economic decline could possibly be offset by other factors as well.

I think it's worth a shot. We already have our own stadium, there's the first step.

May 15, 2013
In La Liga, "B" teams can play in the same tiered system as the senior teams, there's just a restriction that they're not eligible to play in the same division as the senior team.

And I think that Baskonia is like a feeder club if I'm not wrong.
Right, Baskonia plays a regional division, player from the youngster squad make his first step in senior categories in that team, they spent a season playing there and then go to Athletic B and plays in the second B division before the big jump to the first squad.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter's doing it with Livorno, several players on loan there this season. It's not an official relationship, but still. Weren't you guys trying to do the same with Sassuolo?
Athletic Club makes the same with several second division teams like Numancia o Mirandes (both from Castille), when a player is too old to be in the B team but isn´t ready for the first team usually go on loan to one of those teams.

There is no official agreement.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This campaign will be a long and hard one. We are competing for 3 trophies and I'm therefore so happy to have this player in our ranks. He's working hard in training day by day according to his latest interview, so I'm sure he'll deliver the goods eventually. His moment will come.

Forza Llorente!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)