Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Not a bad signing if the reports are true, but not the next number 10 certainly. I am not sure which I should be happier about - signing him or getting rid of Iaquinta. At last ... and if Llorente truly means to us in Euro 700k per year + Iaquinta ... WOW!
Plus he is free and should be better than Matri/Quag. If we declined a 10m Zenit offer for Quag that ought to mean we have another idea about him - swap, maybe not Osvaldo, but De Rossi - just to feel the brother Zeman happy :D :p or another club where the players has a desire to make sacrifices and play... Matri must fetch 10m as well. Those two would bring us around 20M and add another ~4M hole into our budget. Maybe they do really plan a top forward in the summer. That changes a lot of things in terms of options.
Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, Immobile ... + 1? Who would you add? I'd go for Benzema if Falcao goes to Madrid.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
7mil would be enough and a competent manager would always find more options (player contracts, bonuses etc) signing with a 2 year delay is not an utter failure, as we still going to need him next year, but if we fail in the CL this year, because of a finisher option, like we did in copa last year, chances are that we will lose more than this 7mil investment (that would also help us secure the championship and maximise performance next year)
You know, when you're right - you're right.

And the above quoted, is as right as right can be.

You're right, Cronios.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
7mil would be enough and a competent manager would always find more options (player contracts, bonuses etc) signing with a 2 year delay is not an utter failure, as we still going to need him next year, but if we fail in the CL this year, because of a finisher option, like we did in copa last year, chances are that we will lose more than this 7mil investment (that would also help us secure the championship and maximise performance next year)
Nope.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:lol2:

Especially the first one. It's unbelievable to complain when you get Llorente for free. But Cronios didn't disappoint.
I am not complaining because we are getting him for free, i am complaining that we wasted 2 years without CF. Quite a difference there, i ve been saying this for years, but now it becomes obvious that thissummer was wasted and there never was a plan to get him now.
If there was a plan from the begining not to get him up until summer 2013, then we should secure another decent option for the mean time. Esp this year.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I am not complaining because we are getting him for free, i am complaining that we wasted 2 years without CF. Quite a difference there, i ve been saying this for years, but now it becomes obvious that thissummer was wasted and there never was a plan to get him now.
If there was a plan from the begining not to get him up until summer 2013, then we should secure another decent option for the mean time. Esp this year.
So whatever the outcome is, you will still complain?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So whatever the outcome is, you will still complain?
I wouldnt if we were getting what we needed, when we needed.
A year ago, we needed a finisher, but got a SS instead and then had to compromise by bringning Borriello.
A mistake that almost cost us the title and we lost the cup because of it.
Then we had a full summer to complete a deal.
Regardless of what we do in the future, we really wanted a decent option for this year.
But we only got Bendnter with the excuse that Marotta has the Llorente deal closed for the x-mas.

So we suffered yet half a season without a CF and now he fails again, not only to bring Llorente, but any other option as well.
And all we have is excuses excuses...

Llorente as a free transfer is a great transfer, but not on the expense of two years of waiting without any other decent option...
This is what i am talking about now, about the past 2 years, not what may or may not come in the future.
Llorente next year will be for next year, not the last one, nor this one.

Jul 1, 2010
A year ago, we needed a finisher, but got a SS instead and then had to compromise by bringning Borriello.
Regardless of what we do in the future, we really wanted a decent option for this year.
But we only got Bendnter with the excuse that Marotta has the Llorente deal closed for the x-mas.

So we suffered yet half a season without a CF and now he fails again, not only to bring Llorente, but any other option as well.

Llorente as a free transfer is a great transfer, but not on the expense of two years of waiting without any other decent option...
This is what i am talking about now, about the past 2 years, not what may or may not come in the future.
You're right, Cronios.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

I don't usually give you credit, but you really nailed it there :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cronios is spot on in that quote, and I'm serious, what he isnt spot on though is that he repeatedly cant differentiate seasons and years lol. Llorente isnt for next year, we are in 2013, he is for this year in the summer. Which is next season. Not to be pedantic, but just weird to repeat that little error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)