Ferdinand banned for eight months (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
How come?
If normal worker forgot about VERY important duty connected with his work, he could be even sacked.

It's absolutely fair.
I wrote sth looooong about that before, and I dont want to reply myself again.
Rio is not worth if spending my time writing about him more than necesarily :D
yes but drug tests arent one of these things. if he actively refused for no apparent reason then yes. he deserves to be banned

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
may i barge in?

For me.... i don't know exactly why 8 months... probaly somehitng to do with .... Dec to next Aug new season is 8 mths.

But i think that thay had to give a big lengthy ban to discourage others so that other players dun come up with a similar excuse/reason.

As i've said in some previous post. I think they want to make it clear to players. Missing a drugs test is very very serious and as serious maybe as being tested positive itself.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
vit, i can see clearly from your posts that you do not adore rio. but why exactly is he punished more severely than players that were actually caught using doping?

yes, the ban was neccesaty, but why 8 months? ehy not 5 like davids, stam or de boer?
No quite.
It's not about, if I adore him or not.
I just find such situation so ridiculous. And his excuse, that he forgot is sth beyond me.

And about other players, who were caught: I think that punishement like 5 months for doping is a joke. They should have been punished for 2 years, that's average punishement in other sports. I will never understand, why federations agree to give such low punishement. But they are treated too well and too softly.

Of course you dont have to tell me about main reason: money rules this world.

And correct me, if I am wrong, but as I remember, they didnt get 5 months in the beginning, that time was longer, but they finished that punishement after 5 months. But I dont remember that so well.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well vit- often that the player abused steroids isnt established. often nobody knows if its true or not.

and what if, lets say- his father died and he couldnt take the test. or he was under stress/anxiety, or suffering from something.

does that mean he deserves 8 months? thats a little draconian dont you think?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

yes but drug tests arent one of these things. if he actively refused for no apparent reason then yes. he deserves to be banned
And here you are wrong, cause making such tests are one of the most important duties in his job.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, it's going to drug tests, weddings, singing at bars, doing the paper round, working for UPS, and watching the kids down at the local shelter... sometimes if he has time he even plays football.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
well vit- often that the player abused steroids isnt established. often nobody knows if its true or not.

and what if, lets say- his father died and he couldnt take the test. or he was under stress/anxiety, or suffering from something.

does that mean he deserves 8 months? thats a little draconian dont you think?

But what is a point for making up things like death of his father? :confused:
He didnt miss that tests cause his father died, so why do you add it to events?

Aug 1, 2003
he forgot, and I actually thought his excuse was acceptable. FIFA ought to show some mercy. If we're all not forgetful I would have been the next Einstein but it is in human's nature to forget and its just unfortunate Ferdinand chose that moment to forget. I still think 8 months is too long.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
he forgot, and I actually thought his excuse was acceptable. FIFA ought to show some mercy. If we're all not forgetful I would have been the next Einstein but it is in human's nature to forget and its just unfortunate Ferdinand chose that moment to forget. I still think 8 months is too long.
come on, do you actually somebody gonna fall for that lame school boy excuses? tell me, do your school teacher ever forgive you because you FORGOT to do your homework? of course you have to be punished just to be fair to all of the student that finish their homework...

you need at least a strong reason for missing a drug test

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
they dont forgive but 8 months is too long, u cant compare this situation with homeworks, this is someone's career for gods sake
it's just as an example la, BTW does drug mean nothing to you? Drug is a big thing to the F.A, & beside why can't he picked another day to moved out?

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
wiich would be totally useless since whatever drugs in him would have been flushed out of his body by then. Does it really matter if he eventually took the test?

A drug test is impt cos it can only be accurate at that fixed time since your body doesn't hold drugs and other subtances for a long time. You can't take a drugs test earlier or later... this isn't like siting for a school paper.

But you can move your house on a earlier or later date ;)

Aug 1, 2003
I just think they should give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, but EIGHT months, he would be missing the Champions League till the end !! And to play for a club as big as United that sucks a lot!

Maybe he already decided to move his house on that date before being told the drug thing will be held on the same day.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I feel that the ban is fair, and I think Man Utd's continued protests and threats of appeals are a disgrace. They should take it on the chin, and Ferdinand should have his pay suspended for the duration of the ban.

However, I agree that it's rediculous to ban him for eight months when you consider that people who have tested positive for nandralone have gotten considerably less. The fault, I think, is with the earlier bans, which were far too short.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Why are you playing the role of the lawyer for Ferdinand sally?:confused:
she always like that:rolleyes::D(wondering if sally had a crush on Rio)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)