Fenerbahche - juventus (6 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Moggi needs to stop fvcking around and get us some new players, namely quality central defenders. If we don't sign at least two good defenders in the coming week I see us losing to Djurgarden or Kaunas in the CL qualifiers. The purchase of Emerson is a step in the right direction, but we desperately NEED some defenders.
Well, thats overreacting a bit IMO, but I agree that we wont be able to win anything with this team, and I doubt we'd get far in the CL.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Is there a full match report anywhere?

Moggi and Capello should sit down and discuss a few things. There are more friendlies coming up, and plenty of time left on the transfer window.

I am not too upset.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I did not see the match , but from your views it seems we sucked as usual , i dont know what is moggi waiting for know , we need defenders , a play maker and a true attacker:(

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Juve struggle in Turkey
Monday 2 August, 2004

Fabio Capello’s Juventus have lost their consecutive third pre-season friendly after crashing 2-0 to Fenerbahce on Sunday night.

The Bianconeri went down to a Pierre Van Hooijdonk brace in Turkey after Alex Del Piero contrived to miss a penalty.

It is the third game in which Juventus have failed to score and it is a worrying sign for Capello, whose team must play their Champions’ League preliminary against Djurgarden or Kaunas in less than two weeks.

Del Piero did score in the 20th minute when he converted his penalty, but the referee forced the Bianconeri captain to retake the spot-kick after Juve players had prematurely entered the area. Unfortunately for Pinturicchio, Volkan saved his second attempt.

The game finished 2-0 after Van Hooijdonk’s double strike in the second half. The first came from a deflected freekick, while the second was a penalty after Paolo Montero had handled in the area.

The one positive note for the Bianconeri was that Brazilian midfielder Emerson made his debut and played the full 90 minutes.

football italia

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Emerson Makes Debut As Juve Are Beaten Again
8/2/2004 12:24:00 PM

Juventus went down to another pre-season friendly defeat when they were beaten 2-0 by Fenerbahce in Turkey.
Pierre Van Hooijdonk bagged a brace for his side, the first a deflected free-kick, and the second a penalty after Paolo Montero’s handball.

Juve had a penalty of their own in the 20th minute. Alex Del Piero scored, but the spot-kick had to be retaken after Juve players encroached the area. He saw his second effort saved by Volken.

Emerson made his debut for the Bianconeri, playing the full 90 minutes.

Fenerbahce: Volkan; Onder (Yozgatli) Luciano, Servet, Fabiano; Serhat (Serkan) Umit, M.Aurelio, Tuncay; Van Hooijdonk, Murat (Akyel)

JUVENTUS: Buffon (Chimenti); Zebina, Legrottaglie, Montero, Pessotto (Birindelli); Camoranesi (Baiocco), Tacchinardi, Emerson, Zambrotta (Olivera); Del Piero (Miccoli), Trezeguet, Zalayeta.).

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++

The game finished 2-0 after Van Hooijdonk’s double strike in the second half. The first came from a deflected freekick, while the second was a penalty after Paolo Montero had handled in the area.
For some unknown reason, before I just read it I knew it was Montero who fouled in the box.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Thanks for the info fellas.

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Is it just me or does Del Piero look a lot thinner than in previous seasons?
I noticed this in the Juve - PSG game. I hope it will make him play better.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Is it just me or does Del Piero look a lot thinner than in previous seasons?
I was thinking the same thing.
That can only be a good thing. I think he got some critisism for being a bit over weight.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not that he was fat or something. I for one believe that his weight had to do with his stronger body. But it sure is a good thing he doesn't seem so bulky anymore. Perhaps he'll play a bit more like the old Ale.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++

I was thinking the same thing.
That can only be a good thing. I think he got some critisism for being a bit over weight.
Yes!

And he seems to be more vulnerable to injuries when he's overweight...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)