Felipe Melo (94 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Felipe Melo released a statement today via his Twitter account that he has reached an agreement with Galatasaray.

The Juventus midfielder Tweeted a copy of a press release disclosed by his management company, Promoesport Bcn.

"Felipe Melo would like to express his delight at having agreeed a permanent deal with Galatasaray to stay at the club, pending an agreement between GS and Juventus.

"It all depends on whether Galatasaray Predident, Unal Aysal and Vice-President, Ali Durust reach an agreement with Juventus."

Promoesport Bcn also quoted Melo in the statement as saying, "I am delighted that we have finally agreed a permanent deal.

"I hope that the two clubs reach an agreement soon as I am really to start training on Saturday to prepare for ther derby Fenerbahce.

"Playing in the Galatasaray shirt is now in the hands of Galatasaray and Juventus management team."

Galatasaray have offered Melo a contract worth €2.9 million per-season and a €20000 per-match bonus. The Lions have also put forward an offer to Juventus worth €6 million.

The Lions signed Melo for €1.5 million last summer on a season-long loan deal from Juventus with a €13 million purchase option.

The 29-year-old defensive midfielder had an outstanding debut season with the Lions scoring 12 goals in 36 games and helped the Lions go on to win their eighteenth league title.

Whats the point in making these agreements if they aren't followed through with?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
How is it then that when we loan a player with an agreed amount to purchase outright, we pay the full amount? But when we set a price for our own player, the price is negotiable?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
6 mils a joke. Offer him on loan to some of the brazilian clubs. Let him make his name back again before selling him off. Though that said when is his contract expiring?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Amateurish mistake by Marotta. He should have known who is he dealing with. Guy was their best player last season, became a fan favourite but somehow they managed to lower the price %100.
Marotta could only do so much when this guy rejected evey other offer.

6 million € is still more than fair. And more than I expected tbh.
Lol.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Could have gotten more, but the fucker rejected Spartak & CSKA Moscow.
Him having a say in where he does or does not want to play doesn't make him a fucker. But yeah, Russian clubs will overpay to convince players to join them. I think we all know that.

6 million is a good deal for me. What was the other option? Loaning him again for a season? Honestly, I saw a Tiago, Amauri, Grosso,... scenario coming up.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
6 million € is still more than fair. And more than I expected tbh.
:rofl:

We are talking about a player that was the reason Gala won the title. He was what Pirlo was to us this year. You can hate Melo as much as you want but the guy is class and worth around 12m€.. He would be worth 20€ if he had his head in the right place.

Jul 1, 2010
:rofl:

We are talking about a player that was the reason Gala won the title. He was what Pirlo was to us this year. You can hate Melo as much as you want but the guy is class and worth around 12m€.. He would be worth 20€ if he had his head in the right place.
Then again, why weren't we receiving more and better bids for him if he were such an attractive option?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How is it then that when we loan a player with an agreed amount to purchase outright, we pay the full amount? But when we set a price for our own player, the price is negotiable?
Gentleman agreements, in-house with Italian clubs it is normal. In Turkey I don't suppose they much care, but they must also remember that for future deals. They can get this deal because we are desperate to get rid of him, but they'll lose out in future with this behaviour.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 14:24 ----------

Then again, why weren't we receiving more and better bids for him if he were such an attractive option?
Rhetoric, he's worth €8m tops, simply because he is mentally challenged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)