Felipe Melo (5 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
There's a reason why Marchisio was playing out of position, he wasn't good enough to take the CM-spot.

As for Aquilani, he was decent the first half of the season. Melo shitted over him over the season.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
There's a reason why Marchisio was playing out of position, he wasn't good enough to take the CM-spot.
You do realise that this can go both ways, right?

Marchisio was played out of position because, out of those 3 players, he was the only one remotely capable.
Marchisio was played out of position because, out of those 3 players, he was the worst option for CM.

And it's nothing more than a guessing game anyway between the so called haters & the fanboys. We'll never know.

The only thing we do know is that, so far, 2 out of those 3 players were deemed unnecessary/not good enought for Juve. And they subsequently had to leave.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Thats not entirely true though. Marchisio got to play out on the flank because he was the best choice as LM. If we had a better choice at LM then surely there would be a good fight between Aquilani and Marchisio for the spot next to Melo.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He asked for higher wages. So yes.
Stop making stuff up.

He did not ask for higher wages at Juve. He did, however, receive an improved offer of Gala, AFTER he had been told we did not count on him for this season.

It's not entirely clear why we did not count on him to begin with, but all signs seem to point to Conte wanting him out, no matter what.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He asked for higher wages. So yes.

If Marchisio was as good some of you have it, he would be the first option for this natural position.
He was the best option on the flank though. We had better quality in CM then we had in LM. Having Aquilani in the middle is better than Pepe on the flank.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Didn't he say that his contract would not make sense because we're not playing in Europe? So he was asked to find another club that better suits him financially. There was no official word that Conte didn't want him.
Well, basically none of our players' contracts make sense if you look at it like that.

Yet he was the one that had to leave, with all rumours pointing to Conte not wanting him in the squad. Not unlike Amauri, but he stayed anyway :D

Melo was our most consistent and best midfielder last season, no contest at all here.

I can't see how this can even be a debate.
Of course it's up for debate. The only place I know of where this is considered to be a fact is this forum.

Basically none of the "experts & analysts" agree(d) with this. Same goes for a substantial part of the Italian fanbase.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Melo took one for the team and went to a shit league, with the option of coming back should we get into Europe, while Amauri and Iaquinta, even though they weren't wanted decided to sit on our bench and do fuck all for a year

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Stop making stuff up.

He did not ask for higher wages at Juve. He did, however, receive an improved offer of Gala, AFTER he had been told we did not count on him for this season.

It's not entirely clear why we did not count on him to begin with, but all signs seem to point to Conte wanting him out, no matter what.
Stop accusing me of making stuff up.

“We’re finalising the details and over the next few days everything out to be completed.
In agreement with the directors, we decided it was inconvenient that I should only play in Serie A, considering my salary and the contract that runs to 2014.”

http://juventiknows.com/a-farewell-for-felipe-melo-signs-for-galatasaray/

Melo has reacted claiming he wanted a higher salary, which reads as “You didn’t dump me, I dump you.” The rejection stings. Had Felipe Melo decided to wait, I’m sure he could have gotten a transfer to a different club, perhaps one a bit more glamorous than the Turkish league. There’s no question his talent is sufficient to play in any big league in Europe, and he has plenty of years left at his peak.

Apr 15, 2006
Well, basically none of our players' contracts make sense if you look at it like that.

Yet he was the one that had to leave, with all rumours pointing to Conte not wanting him in the squad. Not unlike Amauri, but he stayed anyway :D
Well yeah, that could be a cover story. We'll never really know.

And fuck Amauri! At least Melo was kind enough to accept an offer elsewhere. I hope he's happy training with himself! :tuttosport:

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
Yes they did.

:lol: Sorry man , i can't take you serious anymore.
Don't know what is funny, but laugh all you want. I don't care nor do I care will you or will you not take me serious anymore. Tell me one good reason why should I be worried about your opinion on me?

Melo was way too inconsistent last year and he made one great stupidity that put some shame on our club. Also Alberto and Claudio brougth us 8 goals either(in one way or another) Melo just 2.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Stop accusing me of making stuff up.

“We’re finalising the details and over the next few days everything out to be completed.
In agreement with the directors, we decided it was inconvenient that I should only play in Serie A, considering my salary and the contract that runs to 2014.”

http://juventiknows.com/a-farewell-for-felipe-melo-signs-for-galatasaray/
Call me ignorant, but I don't see how or where it says he wanted a higher salary at Juve.

We asked him to f*ck off, he did. And he picked the best (financially speaking) option there was at the time. Good for him.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Call me ignorant, but I don't see how or where it says he wanted a higher salary at Juve.

We asked him to f*ck off, he did. And he picked the best (financially speaking) option there was at the time. Good for him.
How do you know we told him to fuck off when he is saying "In agreement with the directors, we decided(..)".

Excuse me, but I take his words over yours.

He is simply saying that we didn't want to pay his wages.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He is simply saying that we didn't want to pay his wages.
Maybe you should go back & re-read a few posts.

Us not willing to pay his wages anymore is entirely different from him asking for a pay rise, is it not? Which, you know, is what I argued in the first place.

Besides, we'll never know the exact details or reasons. What we do know is that 2 out of the 3 players had to leave/were no longer counted on.
Agree or disagree with it all you want, but that's the only fact here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)