Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
-> Gsaray
How come they can pay ridiculous wages to Melo and not be able to pay the transfer money? And originally Melo is not on the Turkish league level, he could probably be a starter for most of the clubs in Spain and England.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juve had to settle for the least profitable way of getting rid of Melo.

One can think of the 1.5 million loan fee as the amount Melo's price will depreciate in the next season. However.. No player, ever, playing in the Turkish League will have a price tag of about 13 million euros, especially if he is 29. Therefore Juve managers have miscalculated the amount that Melo's price will decrease.

What can happen next year:

1) Melo impresses, Gala wants to buy him. Melo won't be eager to return to Juve, as he has already chosen money over career (being in his late 20s, it makes sense). That gives Gala the edge in negotiations. The 13 million value has also fallen since the players performances became oblique: he does not play in Europa League, and noone watches the Turkish Super League. Parties agree for prices about 5-6 million.

2) Melo is not wanted at the end of season, returns to Juve only to look for a new club. Noone wants to buy him except Brazilian clubs, and he returns to his homeland for an even-lower transfer fee.
Or:

3) Marotta gets a brain or gets fired and Juve keep Melo in the team and play him because he's a good midfielder.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
In my opinion, we made a mistake in loaning Melo. He had a pretty decent season and is a much better player than Pazienza who was in my opinion the Napoli's weakest link and now will be our weakest link. It doesn't matter he was free because he is worth that much. And now we give Galatasaray an opportunity to sign Melo for €13 M which is double cheaper than we signed him for. In any case, we are the losers in both deals.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Not that I like the specifics of this deal (at first sight, it is indeed Tiago all over again), but all this drama for a guy who gave us about 10 good & another 10 to 15 decent games over the course of 2 entire seasons?
Boy oh boy, how will we ever replace him?
we could pay for Turk to fly out to games and randomly karate kick opposition players in the head,that aught to cover Melo's contribution in a Juve sjirt.

at least with Sissoko you didn't EXPECT anything,you knew he was shite but Melo was a completely different basket case

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Not that I like the specifics of this deal (at first sight, it is indeed Tiago all over again), but all this drama for a guy who gave us about 10 good & another 10 to 15 decent games over the course of 2 entire seasons?
This!

Seeing how some people rate Melo's contribution over the last year, I can't help but think we didn't watch the same games.

He was ok (like a 5-6/10) last year but surely nothing special and his facekicking against Parma was just proof that this guy is not the disciplined team player I hoped he had become. He let down the team on more than one occasion and his so-called fighting spirit doesn't compensate that in any way imo.

The saddest part about all this is the retarded loan-deal - I think we would've been better off selling him right away.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This!

Seeing how some people rate Melo's contribution over the last year, I can't help but think we didn't watch the same games.

He was ok (like a 5-6/10) last year but surely nothing special and his facekicking against Parma was just proof that this guy is not the disciplined team player I hoped he had become. He let down the team on more than one occasion and his so-called fighting spirit doesn't compensate that in any way imo.

The saddest part about all this is the retarded loan-deal - I think we would've been better off selling him right away.
:yawn:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)